or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Hickey Fall '09
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hickey Fall '09

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
I've been a little bit worried about Hickey lately. They lost their lead designed, their NY store closed, and their website hasn't had anything new up in...well, a really long time. But some of the pre-order stuff on the Bloomingdale's website has totally restored my faith. Check it out.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/search...WORD_GO_BUTTON

P.S. I can't figure out how to post pics from the site, but if you can, please do.
post #2 of 10
Did this really restore your faith? I mean, cool suits for boys, but the men's stuff is meh IMHO. I am more excited about the new LL Bean line. It's basically the same stuff for much less.
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
My favorite thing about hickey is the fit. The quality is also very good (I'm assuming better than L.L. Bean--but I could be wrong), and I like the details--like the fact that the new chambray is selvage. I won't try to sway you, but I think one of the things hickey does really well is take more classic styles, such as L.L. Bean, and make them more fitted while also upping the quality.

The boys suits, by the way, were from Hickey Freeman, not hickey, which leads me to suspect that you may really dislike the younger brand!
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenanyu View Post
Did this really restore your faith? I mean, cool suits for boys, but the men's stuff is meh IMHO. I am more excited about the new LL Bean line. It's basically the same stuff for much less.

What is new at Bean?
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey View Post
What is new at Bean?

Dude from Rogues Gallery is doing a new line for them.
post #6 of 10
uh I don't know why anyone would ever consider buying hickey at retail, considering: a. everything makes it ridiculously marked down, b. the retail prices are ABSURD for what is offered
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisttt View Post
I've been a little bit worried about Hickey lately. They lost their lead designed, their NY store closed, and their website hasn't had anything new up in...well, a really long time. But some of the pre-order stuff on the Bloomingdale's website has totally restored my faith. Check it out.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/search...WORD_GO_BUTTON

P.S. I can't figure out how to post pics from the site, but if you can, please do.

Can't say that's anything special.. looks like they're going to continue to be in trouble.
post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 
I won't deny that I pretty much only by hickey when it goes on sale. But it does go on sale at great prices, with decent quantity, regularly. Very few of the other brands I like do that. Plus, you can order from their website, consult their (generally) very good sizing chart, and not have to run around LA looking for sales.

But...you may disagree. That's okay, more for me!
post #9 of 10
I like it, but wouldn't buy before sales. I wish they did a fair isle with a nicer color scheme.
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisttt View Post
My favorite thing about hickey is the fit. The quality is also very good (I'm assuming better than L.L. Bean--but I could be wrong), and I like the details--like the fact that the new chambray is selvage. I won't try to sway you, but I think one of the things hickey does really well is take more classic styles, such as L.L. Bean, and make them more fitted while also upping the quality.

The boys suits, by the way, were from Hickey Freeman, not hickey, which leads me to suspect that you may really dislike the younger brand!

I actually quite enjoy hickey. I picked up that black-watch togglecoat they have had for a while last winter. Quality and fit are pretty good (though I wish the shirts fit slimmer around the waist). I agree with what others have said about it being overprices @ full retail, but in that spirit, who am I going to see at the sample sale tomorrow?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Hickey Fall '09