or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What happens when something bought online comes with security tags?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What happens when something bought online comes with security tags?

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
Recently I purchased some Stussy BDU's and Trovota linen shorts from an accquaintance overseas.

However both items came with security tags still attached. Is there anyway I can get rid of this?
post #2 of 23
HAH! Uh... where did he get them?

You could make friends with someone at a store with one of the remover machines, and take them there...

Or just wear them with the security tags. It's all the rage now.
post #3 of 23
Thread Starter 
I really hope it's not stolen, as it would severely destroy my trust in him.

Well I'll try the machines at work on Saturday.
post #4 of 23
That happened to me once with a pair of Sambas I bought off of ebay. Luckily it wasn't the ink kind, so I just pounded it off with a hammer.
post #5 of 23
You can always buy a detacher or ask someone you know who has one. I don't advise tearing apart the tag if at all possible. Even the non ink kind are designed to severaly damage whatever they're attached to if removed by force. What kind of tags are they?
post #6 of 23
When I worked at a department store, we would have people bring lighters into the dressing room and melt the backs off (they were not the ink kind). These people were idiots though, so I wouldn't take any cues from them. I do know if they are the non-ink kind you can sometimes just pull them off, depending on how well the salesperson attached them.
post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
Or just wear them with the security tags. It's all the rage now.
Oh yea j I feel ya, the "I'm so hard I steal" look.

Arethusa, they look like those magnetic tags with a metal strip at the bottom so that the machine is able to latch on and pull it apart.
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty
When I worked at a department store, we would have people bring lighters into the dressing room and melt the backs off (they were not the ink kind). These people were idiots though, so I wouldn't take any cues from them. I do know if they are the non-ink kind you can sometimes just pull them off, depending on how well the salesperson attached them.
Those people are idiots. These tags are well enough designed that you absolutely should not try and remove these tags improperly unless the garment is really rather tough and you have time and proper tools. I don't recommend it. Flame: there are several kinds. Gator Supertag Checkpoint Knogo
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame
I really hope it's not stolen, as it would severely destroy my trust in him.


Take it that way, I don't know how you could still have security tags attached to something which was not stolen.

!luc
post #10 of 23
a strong magnet
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellshock
a strong magnet
That only works for the last two pictured. Luc: they do forget to remove them sometimes. Last year, I bought a shirt at Express and got home before I realized it still had the tag on it. Never went off, either. Ok, both items, that's a bit less probably, but not impossible. What I don't get is why Flame cares— beyond the immediate problem of having to remove them, anyway.
post #12 of 23
Thread Starter 
Aretheusa, tags are Knogos.
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa
That only works for the last two pictured. Luc: they do forget to remove them sometimes. Last year, I bought a shirt at Express and got home before I realized it still had the tag on it. Never went off, either. Ok, both items, that's a bit less probably, but not impossible. What I don't get is why Flame cares— beyond the immediate problem of having to remove them, anyway.
fencing.
post #14 of 23
Thread Starter 
I'm going to wear them, and it would look stupid with the tags hanging from my crotch. My only concern is to remove them, and be careful when dealing with the seller again next time.
post #15 of 23
Flame, find a decently large magnet and just stick the tag up to it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What happens when something bought online comes with security tags?