or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Polo Shirts--Do not Like.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Polo Shirts--Do not Like. - Page 4

post #46 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambeur View Post
I absolutely hate the suburban insurance salesman look with the baggy polo, rope belt, kenneth coles.

Ah, those Kenneth Coles...
post #47 of 155
If they fit right, and are of a sufficient thickness, they are great. I prefer the RL Polo Polos in Custom fit. I never tuck them in, EVER. For me, they are the ultimate casual look.



Mike
post #48 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
If they fit right, and are of a sufficient thickness, they are great. I prefer the RL Polo Polos in Custom fit. I never tuck them in, EVER. For me, they are the ultimate casual look.



Mike

Your pic, it also shows, how great a polo,fitted, looks, untucked, with cool pants.
post #49 of 155
the hat, not a fan of, i am.
post #50 of 155
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac37 View Post
hmmm...I like both polo shirts AND that hat. Stetson...? I recall my Grandfather having one just like that. He wore it with Brooks Brothers suits.
It is a Stetson Open Road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreds View Post
western style hat = good. guy who dislikes squarish garb that oozes the worst about heterosexuality wearing the same hat = avril levigne wearing a tie with a tshirt = obvious, attention-seeking irony
There is nothing ironic about my choice of hat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgNYC View Post
I'm the exact opposite - I used to wear them all the time and never wear them anymore. Like LK said, I'd much rather wear a nice, simple, fitted t-shirt than a polo shirt. Polo shirts just seam stuck in a no mans land between casual and work appropriate attire. LK - are you going to update your blog-like-entity?
I am thinking of doing a post about luggage and Pere Ubu the band. ------ Polo shirts have this inevitable connotation of Casual Fridays and tragic Happy Hours involving poorly made daiquiris than a suit would ever evoke images of cheap car salesmen and Mens Wearhouse sales.
post #51 of 155
Polos make me think of frat boys and sad white men living in the suburbs whose only joy in life in buying his next SUV or having an entertainment system superior to his coworkers.
post #52 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambeur View Post
the hat, not a fan of, i am.

If you are refering to me, it was from Jazzfest in New Orleans.....it is somewhat of a tradition to wear a goofy hat.

Mike
post #53 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWraith View Post
Nonsense, they're a great, casual shirt.

Amen. Look, I often wear polo shirts during the summer to the office with Zegna or Zanella or Incotex trousers. The shirts are comfy and in 90 degree summer heat essential.
post #54 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambeur View Post
Your pic, it also shows, how great a polo,fitted, looks, untucked, with cool pants.

And, thanks!!!

Mike
post #55 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
Polos make me think of frat boys and sad white men living in the suburbs whose only joy in life in buying his next SUV or having an entertainment system superior to his coworkers.

Ha! Couldn't have said it better myself!
post #56 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
Polos make me think of frat boys and sad white men living in the suburbs whose only joy in life in buying his next SUV or having an entertainment system superior to his coworkers.

Some of the folks here are so uptight about casual dress that if you shoved a piece of coal up their ass it would come out a diamond.

post #57 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post
Some of the folks here are so uptight about casual dress that if you shoved a piece of coal up their ass it would come out a diamond.


+1 LOL!
post #58 of 155
Thread Starter 
I don't trust casual clothing suggestions from the Men's Clothing Board. It'll be Brooks Bros. jeans with Tod's loafers next.
post #59 of 155
I agree with Label King (by the way, great blog, love the tailor awards pics, they look like Malooffan). All this talk about a proper fitting polo bugs me even more. A slim or fitted polo is the uniform of the college guy who buys whatevers on sale at abercrombie, american eagle etc. For me th only way a polo should be worn is hyper-casually, cut boxy and loose and never buttoned or tucked. Reserved for boating, playing tennis, or the beach.
post #60 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I don't trust casual clothing suggestions from the Men's Clothing Board.

It'll be Brooks Bros. jeans with Tod's loafers next.


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Polo Shirts--Do not Like.