or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ralph Lauren made in China!?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ralph Lauren made in China!?

post #1 of 70
Thread Starter 
Hello.

I'm from Canada, in Montréal and went browsing clothes downtown. I went to The Bay and was pleased to find out that they started selling the Ralph Lauren line again. But I noticed the "made in China" tag. I know this brand is very popular here and seems to be considered the best but how do you feel about the fact that it's made in China? I may as well shop at Old Navy...

What are you thoughts?

Thanks
François
post #2 of 70
hey im chinese! chinese are very skilled imo
post #3 of 70
Haven't they always made the polos, most trousers, shirts and belts in china. Its far from the best.
post #4 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Hello.

I'm from Canada, in Montréal and went browsing clothes downtown. I went to The Bay and was pleased to find out that they started selling the Ralph Lauren line again. But I noticed the "made in China" tag. I know this brand is very popular here and seems to be considered the best but how do you feel about the fact that it's made in China? I may as well shop at Old Navy...

What are you thoughts?

Thanks
François

I assume the Bay != ebay
Alot of RL is made in China, even some RLBL... oh well.

There is some pretty good stuff coming out of China, and lots of pretty bad stuff too. Just because it's made in China, doesn't mean it's bad. Just like if something is made out of Italy, doesnt automatically mean it's good either. However, there may be other reasons to support something that's made in US or another first world country, that's a personal choice.
post #5 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post
Haven't they always made the polos, most trousers, shirts and belts in china. Its far from the best.


my polos are made in the Philippines.
post #6 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesmurf View Post
I assume the Bay != ebay

The Hudson's Bay Company, the oldest commercial corporation in North America. They sell the good old wool point blankets...
post #7 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Hello.

I'm from Canada, in Montréal and went browsing clothes downtown. I went to The Bay and was pleased to find out that they started selling the Ralph Lauren line again. But I noticed the "made in China" tag. I know this brand is very popular here and seems to be considered the best but how do you feel about the fact that it's made in China? I may as well shop at Old Navy...

What are you thoughts?

Thanks
François

I'm with you here bud.

Made in China? WTF is that? What the hell do those people know about making fine clothing? Mao jackets maybe.

Stick with making noodles and dumplings I say
post #8 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post
I'm with you here bud.

Made in China? WTF is that? What the hell do those people know about making fine clothing? Mao jackets maybe.

Stick with making noodles and dumplings I say

Fuck no I'm not eating some dumplings stuffed with cardboard by an old chinaman in his underwear sitting in a filthy hut
post #9 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
Fuck no I'm not eating some dumplings stuffed with cardboard by an old chinaman in his underwear sitting in a filthy hut

HOMEMADE.

THEY taste best.

made with hands that wipes floor, wipes ass, and kill flies.

Delicious!
post #10 of 70
Eat the suit. Wear the dumplings. Problem solved.
post #11 of 70
Ralph Lauren in department stores suck. Get them at Winners/Marshalls/outlet if you must.
post #12 of 70
Gosh lee_44106 you are a sad person.
post #13 of 70
This should be renamed the official racist thread...
post #14 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post
This should be renamed the official racist thread...
While I would be cautious about applying the 'racist' tag, this thread is chock-a-block full of assumptions (Chinese made MUST = poor quality, all Chinese goods are the same low quality, etc), and ignorance.
post #15 of 70
Apologies for saying this but I feel I must; some of the comments in this thread are vomit inducing. Onto the subject, Frankie, it is true that most designers of that ilk make some of their products or even entire lines in the Far East. My opinion regarding said products is that they are of poor quality and exasperatingly expensive. Personally, I prefer buying European whenever/wherever I can, for quality as well as political reasons. In my experience (from personal purchases), whereas the Chinese are capable of producing top quality products (i.e. my MacBook Pro, iPhone, iPod, etc, are truly top notch), I can not say the same thing about the clothes of designers such as Ralph Lauren, Dior, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ralph Lauren made in China!?