or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Manly Things
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Manly Things - Page 11

post #151 of 181
Huntsman: Rendering you speechless provided me with a small manly moment that I'm not sure was completely deserved.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
Damn globe...you beat me to it. NR, if I'm ever in Yokohama, we're havin' a beer.

A.

Deal, and that goes for any SF member who happens to visit the Tokyo/Yokohama area.
post #152 of 181
Quote (globetrotter):
Originally Posted by Dmntd
Knowing that when I say "I built that bike (motorcycle)", I mean I built it. The motor, tranny, wiring harness, every thing from the ground up, even the paint.

Getting out of the car in a parking lot when some A**holes whining that I took his spot and he shuts up once he sees just how big I am.

Tying my girl to the bed and... well thats for another forum, and she likes it.

Wearing a kilt and boots.

Doing my own thing, regardless of what people think.

Having a big stainless ring, through the end of my thing.

Anthony


hmmm.... hugely different concepts of manly here.



LOL.
post #153 of 181
[quote=globetrotter]today was first day of passover - got up at 8 am to smoke a 20 pound turkey and 2 7 pound brisketsQUOTE]


Well prepared brisket is the bomb! I never had it until one of my jewish friends had us over for passover. Damn!

She always invited me and another friend who were always sure to clean up any extras. Hope it all turned out well.
post #154 of 181
[quote=countdemoney]
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter
today was first day of passover - got up at 8 am to smoke a 20 pound turkey and 2 7 pound brisketsQUOTE]


Well prepared brisket is the bomb! I never had it until one of my jewish friends had us over for passover. Damn!

She always invited me and another friend who were always sure to clean up any extras. Hope it all turned out well.

thanks, turned out great. but the act of sitting in the yard, drinking and smoking a cigar while keeping an eye on the smoking process - that was a blast.
post #155 of 181
Having earned a US Army Ranger tab.

M8
post #156 of 181
Drinking whiskey from the bottle, weights, shaving with a piece of actual metal, eating breakfast foods for breakfast, making a point to let women know I am staring at their breasts when I'm talking to them, instead of clearing my throat when its kinda congested just talking having it make my voice cool and raspy (although that is risky because it could go the other way and crack high pitched)
post #157 of 181
Wow. There are some real hardasses on this board. I have a lot of respect for you guys. I'm constantly adding to my list of things I want to do, and several of these posts have inspired new entries. (Not putting a ring at the end of my thing, though, Dmntd :P) Cheers.
post #158 of 181
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/16/fa...=1&oref=slogin

interesting, related article. guys who right about drinking and fighting and macho stuff. says alot about our society - 50 years ago, manly books were about guys who went halfway around the world and engaged in firefights with nazis over the future of the world. now it is about guys who drink till they puke and lie to women to get laid.
post #159 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter
50 years ago, manly books were about guys who went halfway around the world and engaged in firefights with nazis over the future of the world.
Well our grandfathers took the Nazis out of the equation, but...

Martinis at 8: see comment about understatement

Tom
post #160 of 181
Quote:
Wow. There are some real hardasses on this board. I have a lot of respect for you guys.

I do all that but I'm still a puss
post #161 of 181
* Getting into a motorcycle accident, walking away from it, and calmly and sagely talking with a bystander about how "that was something, wasn't it?"

Meanwhile inside your mind you're shaking and thanking God you're still alive.

* Graduating from recon school.

* Ordering way too much for last call.
post #162 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Huntsman: Rendering you speechless provided me with a small manly moment that I'm not sure was completely deserved.

Well, you have an interesting breadth and depth going on there. Definitely impressed.

globe: Point well taken.

Life only allows me to have a virtual drink with you both, so,

Cheers,
Huntsman
post #163 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgekko
* Getting into a motorcycle accident, walking away from it, and calmly and sagely talking with a bystander about how "that was something, wasn't it?"

Meanwhile inside your mind you're shaking and thanking God you're still alive.

There's a skit by Dane Cook called "Struck By A Vehicle". Your comment reminded me of it. Download it, it's good. It will make you feel like a man.

-Black coffee and Camel Filters make me feel like a man after waking up at 2 on easter sunday.
post #164 of 181
Having a bad day and screaming, WHERE'S THE VAN?!
post #165 of 181
Lying to girls so they'll sleep with you. JUST KIDDING.

When I swam competitively, we somehow managed to make a non-contact sport that one day will be dominated by women feel manlier than anything. Passing a guy on the anchor leg and breathing to his side so he can watch you put your hand on the wall first was awesome. I think my testicles retracted when I quit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Manly Things