RULES for the tall and skinny man - Page 22
Styleforum Top Picks
This is a great thread. I'm 6,2'' and 150, so "skinny guy" has been the curse of my life. I found a place called Hugh and Crye with a Tall/Skinny size that fits like a custom shirt. Can't praise it enough. Here's a link or just Google it. http://www.hughandcrye.com/?ref_id=7422867501.
I still more or less cleave to it, but there are exceptions; the key, as always, is fit, particularly a taper so you don't get 'flappy calves' syndrome. And a high rise is essential.
I've found Cordings' chinos work well with my beanpole physique and they come unfinished with a 38" inside leg. Likewise, Dickies slim fit, and a pair of Norse Project khakis. It's all to do with trying them on and seeing what works. Dockers just never do.
Shout out for:
- Naked and Famous Weird Guy jeans
- Tom Ford Fit Y or O'Connor model suits
- Eton shirts off the rack in slim fit (sleeves are truly 35 inches)
- Sam Hober bespoke ties (I am 59 inches by 3.75 inches with an extra 1/8 at the knot)
- 2 inch cuffs on your trousers. Tough, ideally you need 6 more inches than your inseam.
Stay away from:
- Skinny ties
- Sknny lapels
Well, For all tall and skinny guys I highly recommend to wear three button suit and must button the top two buttons, adding a bit extra break on trousers cuffs and lastly avoiding completely round shape shoes can work well. I know some of these tips are common but still quite essential!!