• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Purdue the best supermarket brand for chicken?

LuxeStyles

Reaction score
It's satisfied me throughout the years, but I am wondering if there is better.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I prefer Perdue. Less academic, more flavorful.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I prefer Perdue. Less academic, more flavorful.

Have you tried their law school?

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Bell & Evans, which is available in some supermarkets but mostly in more gourmet-type food stores.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
It's like I told a friend of mine when I asked him why he wanted to cheat on his wife, he said he wanted to see if there was better out there.

I told him, theres always better out there, you just don't go looking for it.

but back on topic, I usually try to stay consistent with my purchases on food if its satifying me then I'm loyal. When I go out to eat at a restaurents that I've eaten at before, I always know what I'm getting before I get there, I guess you can say my food expience is dull and boring, but I'm content with it.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Have you tried their law school?

Lol. Not nearly NYBIGLAW enough for my taste. You'd be lucky to get placed at some local DA's office in Nebraska.

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bell and Evans/Smart Chicken for supermarket brands.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell no. I get these big plastic bags of 5lbs of just pure chicken breasts. It's called Pilgrim's Pride. Just Chicken. It's not bloated with water and salt like Purdue and a lot of other brands.

Bartolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
Hell no. I get these big plastic bags of 5lbs of just pure chicken breasts. It's called Pilgrim's Pride. Just Chicken. It's not bloated with water and salt like Purdue and a lot of other brands.

Purdue tastes way too artificial for me. I dunno what they do to their chicken, but it doesn't look or taste right. They used to claim that the chicken was so yellow because the chicken ate marigold flowers, but I've never bought that explanation.

Plain ole supermarket brand that's labeled "all natural" is fine with me. I often shop at Market Basket here in the Boston area, and their 69 cent per pound whole birds are quite tasty.

Bell and Evans certainly is good too, but it's quite expensive and I usually don't want to pay that much for . . . chicken.

lpresq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Lol. Not nearly NYBIGLAW enough for my taste. You'd be lucky to get placed at some local DA's office in Nebraska.

Purdue doesn't have a law school.
eh.gif

samblau

Reaction score
In NYC Murray's seems to be the best widely available brand at higher end stores but it is $$$$.

LuxeStyles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unbreakable
It's like I told a friend of mine when I asked him why he wanted to cheat on his wife, he said he wanted to see if there was better out there.

I told him, theres always better out there, you just don't go looking for it.

but back on topic, I usually try to stay consistent with my purchases on food if its satifying me then I'm loyal. When I go out to eat at a restaurents that I've eaten at before, I always know what I'm getting before I get there, I guess you can say my food expience is dull and boring, but I'm content with it.

At least you'll rarely face disappointment.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bartolo
Purdue tastes way too artificial for me. I dunno what they do to their chicken, but it doesn't look or taste right. They used to claim that the chicken was so yellow because the chicken ate marigold flowers, but I've never bought that explanation.

Plain ole supermarket brand that's labeled "all natural" is fine with me. I often shop at Market Basket here in the Boston area, and their 69 cent per pound whole birds are quite tasty.

Bell and Evans certainly is good too, but it's quite expensive and I usually don't want to pay that much for . . . chicken.

it's because it is artificial. It's a bunch of crap with a little bit of chicken. I bodybuild so I eat chicken everyday. This Pilgrim's Pride stuff from Wegman's is great. Perfect sized portions and it's 10 bucks for a 5 pound bag which lasts me about a week, maybe a little less. I used to buy the giant pakages of fresh stuff from Wegman's and freeze it but this is way easier, better sized portions, and a lot cheaper. I do chicken 2-3 times a day and usually london broil once a day and it is very cheap to do this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads