or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature - Page 57

post #841 of 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmpay View Post


It was up yesterday. Went to buy today, and it was gone. Called customer service and here's what I've pieced together:

Turns out there was a misstep in their posting of new arrivals. Essentially, the wool blazer up now is the same jacket from last season but in new colors. When they posted it as a new arrival, they updated the same template from last year, which had the end-of-season clearance price still marked. Looks like a 24 hour error they've since fixed and which I'm kicking myself for waiting on.

There is some good news though: According to customer service, there is a very limited number of wool blazers from last year's signature line available in "dark brown heather" for $99.00. They do not appear on the web site and they're out of catalogs that contain it; nevertheless the woman in customer service described it to me: It's much lighter than this year's brown blazer, and has subtle dark brown stripes over a lighter brown/gray base.

Noticed that myself and I assumed that to be the case. Had planned on buying the gray one before the day was over just in case, but completely forgot. That said, I do have the brown striped one from last season and I can say that it's pretty fantastic. I'll try to remember to take a photo of it tonight. For now, see the stock photo that I happened to have saved...

L.L.-Bean-Signature-Wool-Tweed-Blazer-05.jpg 179k .jpg file
post #842 of 949
I did a search, so I don't know if this has been answered yet, but does anybody have the duck cloth pants? I was just trying to get a feel whether they were slim or more of a traditional fit?
post #843 of 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArliHawk` View Post

I did a search, so I don't know if this has been answered yet, but does anybody have the duck cloth pants? I was just trying to get a feel whether they were slim or more of a traditional fit?

If I remember correctly they are the same cut as the normal canvas pants. I received a pair of those in the mail today, size 30/30, and immediately returned them for a bigger size. For comparison, I'm happy with the fit of 29/30 vintage khakis from the gap and a 30/30 pair of 569 Levis.
post #844 of 949
Anyone got any of their new footwear and can comment on sizing? Specifically the cap toe boots, they look pretty darn sweet.
post #845 of 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post

Anyone got any of their new footwear and can comment on sizing? Specifically the cap toe boots, they look pretty darn sweet.

+1
post #846 of 949
Can't comment on the sizing, but I saw them in-store last weekend and they look even sweeter in person. Admittedly, I wasn't a huge fan until I saw them up close.
post #847 of 949
Anyone got any fit experience with the 'New Traditional Twill Blazer'. For comparison, I'm typically a L in J Crew shirts, got a L in one of their Ludlow (or whatever the trimmer fit blazer is) and it was a touch too tight, probably could have gone to an XL. I don't have a lot of experience with LL Bean signature shirting or blazers (just outerwear), but I'm an L in that. I'm trying to decide between the 44 or the 46.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaplatypus View Post

Can't comment on the sizing, but I saw them in-store last weekend and they look even sweeter in person. Admittedly, I wasn't a huge fan until I saw them up close.

If you have a chance to go back to the store and try them on, a fit critique would be awesome. I could always email them, but when it comes to shoe sizing hands on experience is best.
post #848 of 949
Anybody have these mocs?

http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignature/llb/shop/65124?subrnd=1&parentCategory=505906&feat=505906-sigtn&cat4=505905&productId=1065198&attrValue_0=Canyon

Thinking Canyon color or Cordovan although the reviews say it looks a bit weird.
post #849 of 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Anybody have these mocs?

http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignature/llb/shop/65124?subrnd=1&parentCategory=505906&feat=505906-sigtn&cat4=505905&productId=1065198&attrValue_0=Canyon

Thinking Canyon color or Cordovan although the reviews say it looks a bit weird.

I have them in chocolate brown. They're nice, but I wish I had purchased the Canyon color instead after seeing it in store the other weekend. The chocolate color starts to look like the outside of a cigar after a while. Lots of character, but I wanted them to look a bit more formal.

Canyon looked great in store....the Cordovan looked a bit plastic-y.
post #850 of 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post

Anyone got any fit experience with the 'New Traditional Twill Blazer'. For comparison, I'm typically a L in J Crew shirts, got a L in one of their Ludlow (or whatever the trimmer fit blazer is) and it was a touch too tight, probably could have gone to an XL. I don't have a lot of experience with LL Bean signature shirting or blazers (just outerwear), but I'm an L in that. I'm trying to decide between the 44 or the 46.




If you have a chance to go back to the store and try them on, a fit critique would be awesome. I could always email them, but when it comes to shoe sizing hands on experience is best.


I actually live in Virginia Beach, so I only get a chance to visit the store on my way to or from my parents house up in Maryland. I'll probably be heading up that way again over labor day weekend. If not then, then probably for a few UMD football games this fall. I'll see what I can do.




If anyone has any other in-store questions or inquiries, let me know. I'll see if I can assist the next time I go up.

Also, one more note now that it's on my mind. Saw a new fall/winter sportcoat that is not yet on the website. It was a tweed / wool coat with elbow patches. Beautiful brownish color with some others mixed in. Hopefully, it gets added to the site soon.
post #851 of 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaplatypus View Post


I have them in chocolate brown. They're nice, but I wish I had purchased the Canyon color instead after seeing it in store the other weekend. The chocolate color starts to look like the outside of a cigar after a while. Lots of character, but I wanted them to look a bit more formal.

Canyon looked great in store....the Cordovan looked a bit plastic-y.

Thanks for the info. Only problem I have with Canyon is that there is no contrast with the colors like Chocolate Brown has. No stores nearby me though, may just order both and return one.
post #852 of 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaplatypus View Post



I actually live in Virginia Beach, so I only get a chance to visit the store on my way to or from my parents house up in Maryland. I'll probably be heading up that way again over labor day weekend. If not then, then probably for a few UMD football games this fall. I'll see what I can do.




If anyone has any other in-store questions or inquiries, let me know. I'll see if I can assist the next time I go up.

Also, one more note now that it's on my mind. Saw a new fall/winter sportcoat that is not yet on the website. It was a tweed / wool coat with elbow patches. Beautiful brownish color with some others mixed in. Hopefully, it gets added to the site soon.

That would be awesome. I guess I could just order my normal size and a size down and see what fits, but I'm from Canada so I don't feel like paying $30+ to ship them back
post #853 of 949
The dress boots actually look very nice, only thing I don't care for is the laces. They'd look a lot better with waxed laces IMO.
post #854 of 949
Any thoughts on the canvas jacket?
post #855 of 949
It's very short, Taco. If you're tall, don't bother.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature