• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

minya

Reaction score

Visvim Newton II, brown suede

Spruce tee, 52/48 cotton/poly blend, flecked kelly green

Spruce hoodie, 78/22 blend, flecked tiger purple

The purple hoodie is by far the nicest hoodie I've ever owned. I don't know if past-season tiger fleece Spruce hoodies were cotton/poly blends, but this one is, and it fits simply incredibly. It's stretchy and squishy, so I can wear it tight yet still breathe normally. I'm gonna buy another.

tangerine

Reaction score
Nice buys, minya. Why no love for the TabascoÂ
00ae.png
?

The Visvims and hoodie are especially nice.

Other than the Styleforum hoodie I ordered, the only things I've bought have been some charcoal grey Chuck Taylor hi-tops and a black cafe racer jacket from Aero that hasn't arrived yet. I'll post pics when it does.

minya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tangerine
Nice buys, minya. Why no love for the TabascoÂ
00ae.png
?

Tapatio
biggrin.gif

the Visvims are really, really nice. I've always had a lust-on for the Newton 2's but seeing them in person really clinched it. Insanely comfortable, to boot, which is always a plus.

seen

Reaction score
Niceeeee. Where'd you get the hoodie and the visvims in the t dot?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya

The purple hoodie is by far the nicest hoodie I've ever owned. I don't know if past-season tiger fleece Spruce hoodies were cotton/poly blends, but this one is, and it fits simply incredibly. It's stretchy and squishy, so I can wear it tight yet still breathe normally. I'm gonna buy another.

The F/W 2005-2006 tiger fleeces were 80/20 cotton/poly. Very comfortable. It's hard to get a heathered effect (though doable) on a 100% cotton garment.

minya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
The F/W 2005-2006 tiger fleeces were 80/20 cotton/poly. Very comfortable. It's hard to get a heathered effect (though doable) on a 100% cotton garment.
Awesome. That's good to know. The stretchiness rocks
biggrin.gif

seen: I picked them up at Nomad.

tangerine

Reaction score
Aero jacket arrived today, pics as promised:

aeroSqOn_1193.jpg

It can stand up by itself
biggrin.gif
:

aeroOff_1192.jpg

Gotta go roll down the Jones St. hill, break it in.
wink.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
**** me, that jacket is beautiful. I'm officially incredibly jealous.

tangerine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron
Tangerine, where'd you get that jacket? Does it come in brown?

A.

aeroleatherclothing.com

Yes, they make it in brown.

Saucemaster, thank you. I am very happy with it.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Aero jacket arrived today, pics as promised:

aeroSqOn_1193.jpg

It can stand up by itself
biggrin.gif
:

aeroOff_1192.jpg

Gotta go roll down the Jones St. hill, break it in.
wink.gif

WOW... how heavyweight is the leather? Is it horsehide?

I was just thinking I would like to get a more wearable cafe jacket. My Vanson (AZ) is still, a year later, very stiff and not too loungeable.

tangerine

Reaction score
j, yes it is horsehide, and it is heavy as a mofo. When I first put it on I could barely move. Like a suit of armor.

It's loosening up a little but I don't think it will be "loungeable" for a while yet. I have never owned a Vanson but I have seen a few and I think this is comparable, if not heavier.

I think aero does make a lighter (mid-weight) horsehide version, though, as well as steerhide and goatskin versions. I suggest you contact Mark Moye at [email protected], he is the US rep for Aero and he can help you out. He's a good guy.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
j, yes it is horsehide, and it is heavy as a mofo. When I first put it on I could barely move. Like a suit of armor.

It's loosening up a little but I don't think it will be "loungeable" for a while yet. I have never owned a Vanson but I have seen a few and I think this is comparable, if not heavier.

I think aero does make a lighter (mid-weight) horsehide version, though, as well as steerhide and goatskin versions. I suggest you contact Mark Moye at [email protected], he is the US rep for Aero and he can help you out. He's a good guy.

Very nice. I checked out the Aero stuff when I was in Japan and it was amazing. The horsehide was about as thick as mine (competition weight Vanson) but I have a feeling it will take longer to break in as it seemed a lot denser. It was also priced around $1000 for a jacket like yours.
crazy.gif

dsc001175rk.jpg

dsc001182mp.jpg

BTW, do you ride? Also can you sit down with it zipped up? Mine is cut a bit long in the front and poked me in the junk while I rode until it finally loosened up. I still intend to get the zipper converted to a double zipper so I can unzip the bottom a bit while riding/sitting.

minya

Reaction score
Holy crap that's a nice jacket, tangerine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads