or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent purchases - Page 618  

post #9256 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Not well unfortunately, they're made to look decent on the rack (except for the most recent ones) but once they come into contact with water they fade and fall apart. When buyers go to the apc showroom all the samples utilize great fabrics while being made in france but once they produce them Jean puts one over on everyone and they arrive shittily made in china or wherever their third world factories are.

I still have some made in France APC pieces and they've held up relatively well. On the other hand I got into their jeans a little bit later (05/after joining here) and they're made in Tunisia and have also held up quite well so I can't complain.
post #9257 of 14525
I just bought a pair for A.P.C. Jeans for 50 bucks.
post #9258 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by onion View Post
Ok here are my Oliver Peoples Riley with green lenses. I LOVE them. They are similar to the Ray-Ban Wayfarer, but still pretty different. The frame is much thinner and lighter, as well as the lenses are more rounded. Despite being lighter and thinner they feel much more durable and well made than my old Ray-Bans. The faux shell is also wayyyyyyy nicer than the Ray-Bans, and the gold inlay in the frame (not visible) is a nice touch as well. I can't say enough how nice these are in person. The photos do no justice, but I only have a camera phone. http://i42.tinypic.com/2r2rsk2.jpg http://i39.tinypic.com/256cz2p.jpg
Which color are those? They look good as sunglasses. I'm currently getting prescription lenses put in my new Rileys. They're a really nice shape imo. I tried on everything from Dita to Lunor to Paul Smith and ended up going with the Rileys because of how well they fit my face.
post #9259 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
More Engineered Garments stuff.

lol

fleabay'd:

class 5 60/40


mcgregor
post #9260 of 14525
I think daiki gets lots of ideas from some of those old mcgregor shirts. They made those MG boating shirts back in the day too.
post #9261 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
More Engineered Garments stuff.

OK, I don't usually say this kind of thing to people because I'm usually a pretty non-violent person, but dammit robin, if you don't start posting fit pics I am going to find you and I am going to kick your ass. And then I am going to steal all of your clothes.
post #9262 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious_George View Post
Which color are those? They look good as sunglasses. I'm currently getting prescription lenses put in my new Rileys. They're a really nice shape imo. I tried on everything from Dita to Lunor to Paul Smith and ended up going with the Rileys because of how well they fit my face.

Dark Mahogany. What color did you go with?
post #9263 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiru View Post
lol

fleabay'd:

class 5 60/40


This is getting creepy--I bought this a month ago
post #9264 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
I think daiki gets lots of ideas from some of those old mcgregor shirts. They made those MG boating shirts back in the day too.
Yeah, this shirt reminded me of the mg shirt patterns from last spring. I used to see shirts like those on ebay, but not lately. Here are a couple other "Nepenthes-y" items: McGregor - Needles did something like this, last f/w maybe. Arrow - Thought this was reminiscent of this season's EG. (Also has the infamous third button collar button and locker loop.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
This is getting creepy--I bought this a month ago
Groupthink FTW??
post #9265 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post
OK, I don't usually say this kind of thing to people because I'm usually a pretty non-violent person, but dammit robin, if you don't start posting fit pics I am going to find you and I am going to kick your ass. And then I am going to steal all of your clothes.
I really don't have the time to take a picture and process it (despite posting on here all day).
post #9266 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
I really don't have the time to take a picture and process it (despite posting on here all day).

like... in a lab?
here you go.
post #9267 of 14525
Not quite. Meant from RAW format... it's kind of a pain on my current computer setup.
post #9268 of 14525
^^ I feel you...my POS laptop takes an eternity to import and export a raw photo (that is, if it doesn't freeze) Recent purchases: + A.P.C. Petit Standards
post #9269 of 14525
Pink, the denim on those looks a lot like that of the SFx5EP. Confirm/deny?
post #9270 of 14525
not really...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases