or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent purchases - Page 577  

post #8641 of 14525
My bad, I forgot that you all work for fashion companies that distribute lookbooks and know the exact process involved. Honestly I'm getting right sick of all the pretentious BS on styleforum, everyone seems to act like they know more than they do, I guarantee none of you can speculate any more than I can about how the lookbook photos are taken, so STFU, please unless you can state otherwise with some semblence of proof.
post #8642 of 14525
holy
post #8643 of 14525
shit
post #8644 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoX101 View Post
My bad, I forgot that you all work for fashion companies that distribute lookbooks and know the exact process involved. Honestly I'm getting right sick of all the pretentious BS on styleforum, everyone seems to act like they know more than they do, I guarantee none of you can speculate any more than I can about how the lookbook photos are taken, so STFU, please unless you can state otherwise with some semblence of proof.

you are so fucking dumb. I could take the time to point out how stupid you are and refute your posts, but whats the point? just get out.
post #8645 of 14525
post #8646 of 14525
how is he not banned yet, seriously?
post #8647 of 14525
Because I haven't done anything wrong and simply voice an opinion that sometimes people disagree with and decide I'm an idiot for having. Really you're all making a big deal out of nothing. It's easy to hate and disregard people's thoughts because they aren't inline with yours, but that doesn't make it right to hate the person for having these opinions.
post #8648 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoX101 View Post
I doubt they'd tailor it for a lookbook, waste of time and money, they could instead just opt for a model/models that fits the suit, maybe I'm ignorant here, but I don't see tailoring all your suits in your lookbook as a logical business practice, or an ethical one considering you are planning to sell based on these pictures.
Yeah you are absolutely right. Coca-cola also doesn't bother to make sure they are shooting actual cans of coca-cola when they film their commercials either. Fuck it, cans of RC Cola will do, right? We all know it's coke we are talking about so no need to fiddle with stupid details. And where the hell are they supposed to even get the stuff? It's not like they own some sort of factory that churns it out. No you are absolutely right. people who sew clothes for a living sewing clothes to show that they fit for use in a book made to show fit. Psssshaw indeed!
post #8649 of 14525
Y'know, if you really wanted to prove that people give you shit just for being XenoX101 and not because of anything you actually say, all you have to do is sign up under another name, make a few dozen posts, and when no one makes a peep, you can reveal yourself, and you will be vindicated. I will PayPal you $10 if this happens. Seriously.
post #8650 of 14525
Wow, shut the fuck up everyone.
post #8651 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSurface View Post
Wow, shut the fuck up everyone.
definitely wouldn't want to dilute the 577 page thread. Make that 578.
post #8652 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoX101 View Post
My bad, I forgot that you all work for fashion companies that distribute lookbooks and know the exact process involved. Honestly I'm getting right sick of all the pretentious BS on styleforum, everyone seems to act like they know more than they do, I guarantee none of you can speculate any more than I can about how the lookbook photos are taken, so STFU, please unless you can state otherwise with some semblence of proof.
You know what? I'm feelin pretty nice for some reason. Let me fill you in. You ever flip through the Sunday paper and see the ads for JCPenney, Kohl's, etc. You see the dress shirts and the jackets that fit super slim, even though they cost $15? The guys wearing it have a 24" drop, and it still fits immaculately? It's because the shirts/jackets don't actually fit that way. They are pinned. Go into most any department store and look at the jackets and shirts being modeled on mannequins. They are pinned at the back so they look tailored, but aren't really. They show what it COULD look like tailored, but not how they are. This is a ploy to sell more. This is also an exploitation of the fact that modern men do not value tailoring at all. Now you say, 'But that's Kohl's! These are bigger, more nichey brands!'. The truth of the matter is advertising is advertising. Things don't generally fit the way they are advertised. Moral or not, that's the way it is. You've seen the Thom Brown suits, right? The slim cropped suits with high-water / capri pants? They come with long inseams from the factory. It's up to the wearer to have the pants hemmed to the knee, not the manufacturer. Hence, why you can't judge clothing by advertisements or look book pics.
post #8653 of 14525
Well, I see that everyone stocked up on an extra dose of bitch. Hope that is over with.

I got... a Robert Geller flight jacket in khaki from FW08. Man, the arms are cut slim. Either that or I'm strong like Hulk.
post #8654 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Well, I see that everyone stocked up on an extra dose of bitch. Hope that is over with.

I got... a Robert Geller flight jacket in khaki from FW08. Man, the arms are cut slim. Either that or I'm strong like Hulk.

How does the W+H field jacket fit you? The size of the arm holes really piss me off...
post #8655 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus View Post
You know what? I'm feelin pretty nice for some reason. Let me fill you in.

You ever flip through the Sunday paper and see the ads for JCPenney, Kohl's, etc. You see the dress shirts and the jackets that fit super slim, even though they cost $15? The guys wearing it have a 24" drop, and it still fits immaculately? It's because the shirts/jackets don't actually fit that way. They are pinned.

Go into most any department store and look at the jackets and shirts being modeled on mannequins. They are pinned at the back so they look tailored, but aren't really. They show what it COULD look like tailored, but not how they are. This is a ploy to sell more. This is also an exploitation of the fact that modern men do not value tailoring at all.

Now you say, 'But that's Kohl's! These are bigger, more nichey brands!'. The truth of the matter is advertising is advertising. Things don't generally fit the way they are advertised. Moral or not, that's the way it is.

You've seen the Thom Brown suits, right? The slim cropped suits with high-water / capri pants? They come with long inseams from the factory. It's up to the wearer to have the pants hemmed to the knee, not the manufacturer.

Hence, why you can't judge clothing by advertisements or look book pics.

Yes, I was aware of the mannequin thing and I know cheap brands do this, but I guess I was more optimistic with the better brands as you mention. Well as I said, I might've been ignorant in my speculation and it turns out I was, I don't think it gives people the right to be such bitches about it though. Thanks for making the first mature, useful post on this page. Now, back to the original purpose of this thread..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases