or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent purchases - Page 139  

post #2071 of 14525
It's funny how people go apeshit over heinous overpriced sandals that nobody in California (well southern california would ever be caught dead in them. It's kind of like europeans making fun of americans wearing certain things that is considered garbage where they live.
post #2072 of 14525
whos going apeshit over them? Not styleforum, thats for sure. Dont know if cali really is the home of Birkenstock either..
post #2073 of 14525
People who are recently getting into them and they're pretty much a hippie staple from decades ago in california. They are the bell bottoms of footwear, the nike cortez of sandals if you will. More power to you bobo just don't forget the tie dye t shirt
post #2074 of 14525
The story of Birkenstock is really pretty interesting, and involves some intrigue in recent years IIRC, as I think the company has been family controlled for a long time--see this IHT article if you really, really want to know.

It's certainly a shoe with a heritage, though. I don't see being "into" birkenstocks as so much different than interest in vintage workwear or other gear, aside from the granola and german tourist connotations they might have in the US.

Jet, what've you and ghulkan been buying lately?
post #2075 of 14525
I'm just giving him a hard time because I'm bored at home.

From NY, I picked up a beige with grey heather lambswool sweater from the apc store and I'm waiting for my raf simons black classic lace ups to get here. I also got another mcqueen silk scarf.

As for ghulkan, he's buying pretty much everything I pick up.
post #2076 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I'm just giving him a hard time because I'm bored at home.

From NY, I picked up a beige with grey heather lambswool sweater from the apc store and I'm waiting for my raf simons black classic lace ups to get here. I also got another mcqueen silk scarf.

As for ghulkan, he's buying pretty much everything I pick up.

ill be honest, if anyone had the money and wanted to spend it right it would probably be shit jets been buying. we just similar tastes even though he thinks im copying off him

haahahaha

but i wouldnt know about half the shit if it werent for him ....
post #2077 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I'm just giving him a hard time because I'm bored at home.

From NY, I picked up a beige with grey heather lambswool sweater from the apc store and I'm waiting for my raf simons black classic lace ups to get here. I also got another mcqueen silk scarf.

As for ghulkan, he's buying pretty much everything I pick up.

Pics of Raf Simons laceups please.
post #2078 of 14525
Anything for you sir, they will be here next week.
post #2079 of 14525
Well, just got a few pairs of deadstock chucks. Two pairs of hightops in striped - Khaki/Milk and Indigo, and a lowtop pair of white cracked leather ones. Also picked up a henley from Wings+Horns and a pair of fingerless gloves (preparing for winter) from Coal Considered, and a Battistoni scarf. Yeah, I'm quite broke.
post #2080 of 14525
Dries van Noten suit. droooooooooooool
post #2081 of 14525
Borrelli unlined tweed (75% wool, 25% Angora) hunting jacket from Shop the Finest.
post #2082 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Borrelli unlined tweed (75% wool, 25% Angora) hunting jacket from Shop the Finest.
Great jacket, good fit. I like the overall outfit.
post #2083 of 14525
Just got in the mail a pair of Charles Tyrwhitt jodhpurs and a pair of APC rescues. I'm rather pleased.
post #2084 of 14525


I might have ordered this Rogan cardigan from Peasant. I'm not sure though cause the order didn't seem to process (said that my card didn't match my billing address, for some reason) and I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet but they charged me for it so I hope it's coming... the cardigan looks good though, doesn't it?
post #2085 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by asobu View Post
I might have ordered this Rogan cardigan from Peasant. I'm not sure though cause the order didn't seem to process (said that my card didn't match my billing address, for some reason) and I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet but they charged me for it so I hope it's coming... the cardigan looks good though, doesn't it?

Yeah, very nice cardigan. Soft. I've seen a lot of the varsity stripes on Cardigans this year. Not sure yet if I am a fan, but I definitely like the higher buttoning front.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases