or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent purchases - Page 109  

post #1621 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa View Post
Goth ninja's fine. Taking pride in looking like a dying refugee draped in only the most expensive $2000 rags is entirely different.

This is pretty strange to say considering Chris does the drapey, monochrome look but rarely if ever buys the decayed pieces from designers like Rick Owens who do put out a lot of garments in this style.
post #1622 of 14525
I'm just curious what people think he'd be better off dressed in. It seems that people have a problem moreso with him being really skinny than the actualy clothes. Being a 6ft super skinny guy is just asking for people to hate. I mean, it's hard to pull off an american/workwear thing with that body. The pieces are clean, detailed, and fit well. He's just a skinny guy.
post #1623 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik View Post
He generally looks like a skinny gothling that has an unhealthy habit of pulling on his clothing when nervous. Chris.'s aesthetic is about as "his own" as you will find, but uniqueness does not make it good.. and far from "best dressed."



the fact that you dislike my style hardly comes as a surprise. although i'd never wear what you're wearing, it certainly doesnt mean that you have bad style. it just means i wouldnt ever take my styling cues from a gap mannequin.

and for the record, i pay for my own clothes, because my parents would never. they still believe that i paid $60 for my ann demeulemeester boots.
post #1624 of 14525
I'll interrupt this thread with my recent purchases. Breaking in these new jeans... Flannel is recent too.

post #1625 of 14525
Not sure why it didn't post last night; but, I said that I really admire Chris' style.
post #1626 of 14525
I'm also a big fan of the way Chris. dresses. It's a look that not many people can pull off (or afford) but he does it in a very tasteful way.

What's with the gratuitous hate? There should be a "I didn't take my pills today and haven't gotten laid in a month" thread that people can go to when they feel shitty about themselves and need to bash others.
post #1627 of 14525
Sippin on some Haterade!!
post #1628 of 14525
I like Chris style and I want those leggings Chris bought!!!

/TKL
post #1629 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
i'd never wear what you're wearing, it certainly doesnt mean that you have bad style. it just means i wouldnt ever take my styling cues from a gap mannequin.

OUCH

the scent of pwnage is in the air this morning
post #1630 of 14525
I was fine until my boy GS got involved.

The likelihood that you'd find that particular WAYW on a Gap mannequin is pretty slim. I could, however, surely find your outfit on a conceptual runway or one of the many vagrants in the DC metropolitan area, or hell, Nicole Richie. Everything has been done before, hence your ability to purchase clothing; I'm not quite sure how wearing a look that other people also employ is an insult. I could further malign you or "hate" but.. why? Dress how you want to dress; I'll dress how I want to dress. The fact remains that the shit is overpriced and, in my erudite estimation, ugly.

Your style and mine obviously vary wildly which is perfectly fine.
post #1631 of 14525
I really think the only way to solve this issue is for both of you to wear the other guy's style for one day...and post pictures!
post #1632 of 14525
MetroStyles, you say that .. I had this idea that I thought would be pretty funny but I realized it required entirely too much effort to make fun of some kid on the interweb, so I nixed it.
post #1633 of 14525
Souper- What are those? I can't tell if they're grey or just faded jeans. brand? Chris- I hope you don't stop posting here because of one dreadfully boring/safe guy. I mean, i see your posts at sufu, but i don't mind seeing em' twice. I know how you feel with telling parents about purchases. My parents still think my PBJs cost $50 from ebay.
post #1634 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
Chris- I hope you don't stop posting here because of one dreadfully boring/safe guy.

I don't know about that. There's something to be said about perfecting the seemingly mundane/classic looks. In fact, that pretty much sums up the whole point of the main forum (MC) here.

Again, experimentation is not always a good thing. I love that whenever someone strays from praising Chris, he would be called out as possessing a "boring style", without exceptions.
post #1635 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
Souper- What are those? I can't tell if they're grey or just faded jeans. brand?


Chris- I hope you don't stop posting here because of one dreadfully boring/safe guy. I mean, i see your posts at sufu, but i don't mind seeing em' twice. I know how you feel with telling parents about purchases. My parents still think my PBJs cost $50 from ebay.

You sure know what to say and how to pick your flame wars.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases