or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Drinking >1G of water a day
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Drinking >1G of water a day - Page 4

post #46 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by blank View Post
I also drink a liter of iced, brewed tea every morning.

Iced tea is usually best brewed.
post #47 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambeur View Post
a gallon of water, a gallon of beer, is there really a difference?

Water is free. Beer is rented.
post #48 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchen View Post
Doctor told me once that if you have to pee soon after you drink a lot of water its just going through you and not much benefit

I think that means that your digestive system is working.
post #49 of 66
I try to consume about a gallon a day, especially because I lift and run. I feel better when I do.
post #50 of 66
I've heard all sorts of things. I used to drink 1-2 gallons/dayr, but after I start pissing clear, I just feel like I'm flushing my body of other stuff. I haven't found any definitive evidence either way and I don't think any MD or personal trainer really knows what they are talking about. You get plenty of water from food too, don't forget. So now I just drink when I'm thirsty and maybe drink a little bit more if I know I'm going to workout. I'm still alive.
post #51 of 66
I drink about half that. I love water but I don't go ape shit. Im small framed/lightweight though. I don't drink anything else but water with meals and 1 or 2 protein shakes w/ skim milk....occasionaly Ill have some cranapple juice or something.
post #52 of 66
Snopes has a pretty good and well-researched article debunking the 8 glasses of water a day myth.

Interestingly, a kidney physiologist at the NIH says that healthy, mildly active, people living in temperate climates only need about 1 liter of water. 1 liter of water is what the typical American consumes a day from solid foods.

Intuitively, it makes little sense that humans would need so much water. Our ancient ancestors did not always have access to 8 glasses of fresh water every day and we didn't go extinct.

Personally, I've cut down on my water consumption and only drink when I feel thirsty. I've noticed that I look leaner. Water weight really masks fat loss.
post #53 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv3 View Post
I do this easily. I run a lot and sweat a lot, if I didn't I would be dehydrated.

+1 it's all very dependent on each persons body. If i don't drink enough water, I feel like something is not right. Of course I do rigorous cardio and lift 5-6 days a week... so in my case the large water intake makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
I now have to piss every hour, however.

You get used to it. Just make sure you use very mild soap, since you are washing your hands often (I hope )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambeur View Post
a gallon of water, a gallon of beer, is there really a difference?

Not to the average American (see healthcare debate / US healthcare expenses for further info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
You get used to it man. Better than trying to smoke that shit. It takes FOREVER to light!

Not so! The sun heats up water ALL the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
Snopes has a pretty good and well-researched article debunking the 8 glasses of water a day myth.

Interestingly, a kidney physiologist at the NIH says that healthy, mildly active, people living in temperate climates only need about 1 liter of water. 1 liter of water is what the typical American consumes a day from solid foods.

The typical American doesn't even get mild exercise to say nothing of rigorous exercise....!
post #54 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
Snopes has a pretty good and well-researched article debunking the 8 glasses of water a day myth.

Interestingly, a kidney physiologist at the NIH says that healthy, mildly active, people living in temperate climates only need about 1 liter of water. 1 liter of water is what the typical American consumes a day from solid foods.

Intuitively, it makes little sense that humans would need so much water. Our ancient ancestors did not always have access to 8 glasses of fresh water every day and we didn't go extinct.

Personally, I've cut down on my water consumption and only drink when I feel thirsty. I've noticed that I look leaner. Water weight really masks fat loss.

So by your numbers, one wouldn't drink water at all since they would get the necessary water from solid foods?

The typical American is overweight, so I don't think I should do what the typical American does tbh.

By the time you're thirsty you're already dehydrated a little bit. But based on your statements, why wouldn't you just eat a piece of fruit instead?
post #55 of 66
I read the snopes article. I wouldn't say its well researched (its arguing an anonamous email lol)but whatevs...It brings up a few interesting points but mainly it just says that people who don't exercise intensly and who don't live in a hot climate don't need to drink more than 1 qt of water a day.

Intersting that it states caffeine and/or caffenated drinks do not dehydrate. In fact only alcohol is found to dehydrate. Also, things like milk hydrate just as well as water which surpised me but makes sense considering everything is mostly water anyway.
post #56 of 66
drink enough water until your urine is colorless, than drink your colorless urine until your urine gets some color again.
post #57 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
drink enough water until your urine is colorless, than drink your colorless urine until your urine gets some color again.

Brings new meaning to the word "Cocktail." Mmmmmmm.
post #58 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
drink enough water until your urine is colorless, than drink your colorless urine until your urine gets some color again.

Is this the Bear Grylls diet?
post #59 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasinoRoyale View Post
So by your numbers, one wouldn't drink water at all since they would get the necessary water from solid foods?

The typical American is overweight, so I don't think I should do what the typical American does tbh.

By the time you're thirsty you're already dehydrated a little bit. But based on your statements, why wouldn't you just eat a piece of fruit instead?

Not my numbers, the numbers of the kidney physiologist at NIH. And I'm not suggesting that you do what the typical American does (how did you get that?). Saying that 1L is what a typical American consumes through solid foods doesn't imply that you should live the lifestyle of the typical American, it's just to provide an idea of how much water people get from solid foods. I think you need to read a bit more carefully.
post #60 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ge Fuzz View Post
I read the snopes article. I wouldn't say its well researched (its arguing an anonamous email lol)but whatevs...It brings up a few interesting points but mainly it just says that people who don't exercise intensly and who don't live in a hot climate don't need to drink more than 1 qt of water a day.

It's well researched in the fact that they actually got the opinions of experts and doctors, and reference scholarly journals. It's a short article, what do you expect? In any case, it's much more informative than the unfounded assertions and myth propagation that usually happens when this topic is breached.

If you want more detail, go read a study instead. Here's one: http://ajpregu.physiology.org/cgi/co...ull/283/5/R993
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Drinking >1G of water a day