or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › So, what's for dinner/supper?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So, what's for dinner/supper?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thought I'd ask as I am in the process of cooking some garam massala dal (and got close to making the whole deal stick to the pan a few times due to my preoccupation with checking the forum).
post #2 of 10
I'll know once my mother clues me in.

post #3 of 10
Argentinean style pizza, with mozzarella, provolone and oregano.

It's not international delivery, it's DiGiorno! Wait, no it's not...

Jon.
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Argentinean style pizza, with mozzarella, provolone and oregano.

It's not international delivery, it's DiGiorno! Wait, no it's not...

Jon.


is that pizza by the meter? do you make it yourself or is there a place near you that does it? that is something that I miss - argentian style pizza, there was a great place right by where I lived in tel aviv


back to the origional question - nothing that interesting tonight. tomorrow I am planning on making some humus with meat, with I love and haven't had in a while.
post #5 of 10
They freeze the crust and tomato sauce and you have to heat it up yourself and add the toppings. It's really, really, really good. Actually that restaurant is probably the closest thing to authentic Argentinean food I have eaten outside of Bs As. Don't get me started on the steak...

Jon.
post #6 of 10
A chicken lasagne which the wife prepares. Goes well with a very light sauvignon blanc from the south Island of New Zealand.
post #7 of 10
Triple decker pizza. I made it up tonight. Buy ordinary frozen cheese pizza from grocery store. Unwrap. Bake in oven until cheese softens (5-6 minutes). Remove - place a layer of pizza sauce on top, followed by italian-blend cheese (Mozzarella, asiago, parmesean, romano, etc) and Italian sausage (cooked beforehand). Put back in oven and bake that bad boy for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and place another thin layer of pizza sauce, some sauteed red pepper, and some hot pepper flakes, and a thin layer of the mozzarella blended cheese. Bake another 5 minutes or so. Remove, and enjoy.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS
They freeze the crust and tomato sauce and you have to heat it up yourself and add the toppings. It's really, really, really good. Actually that restaurant is probably the closest thing to authentic Argentinean food I have eaten outside of Bs As. Don't get me started on the steak...

Jon.

I have a friend from argentina who comes by every few months to fill our freezer with empanadas. mmmm. but I miss argentinian pizza.
post #9 of 10
Penne Bolognese. Foccacia. I was in a hurry. ~Huntsman
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I have a friend from argentina who comes by every few months to fill our freezer with empanadas. mmmm. but I miss argentinian pizza.

Here in SoFLA there are a couple of places where you can get empanadas, unfortunately most charge upwards of $2.50 per, which ends up being relatively expensive, well...at least when compared to paying for them in Bs As (with the 3:1 exchange rate and all).

Jon.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › So, what's for dinner/supper?