or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett and Jones Polish?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett and Jones Polish?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Does anyone know who manufactures C&J polish? I just picked some up on a whim.

I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

Thanks.
post #2 of 10
Thread Starter 
Sorry for the bump but still wondering if anyone knows who makes the C&J wax? I assume it is re-branded something.

I just used some of the Dark Brown and it is great stuff? It polished up to a nice mirror shine with very little effort. Recently I have been using Saphir and La Cordonnerie Anglais but I prefer the C&J; it is a little less oily.

Some over-flashed pics of the can and some freshly polished EG Chelseas:



post #3 of 10
English, I think.
post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Checks
English, I think.

That seems rather Vaclavian. Do you mean it is manufactured in England?
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter
Recently I have been using Saphir and La Cordonnerie Anglais but I prefer the C&J; it is a little less oily.
Saphir has two lines (médaille d'or and pâte de luxe) which differ in composition, which one were you using?

Avel makes Lobb's polish, as far as I know, but they could do it to different specifications than the one they use for their own Saphir line. They can also make a special order when you order in bulk (Marc Guyot sells a specific formula in his shop in Paris). I don't know if they are doing Crockett's polish.
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter
That seems rather Vaclavian. Do you mean it is manufactured in England?

I am the Forum's self-appointed protector of all things Polish, so I made a little joke at your use of the upper-case "p."

FWIW, there are a number of threads here and in AAAC regarding polish. The consensus was "they're all the same" except for a few who believe you get what you pays for.
post #7 of 10
I have the same C&J polish. No different than KIWI, save your money.
post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Checks
I am the Forum's self-appointed protector of all things Polish, so I made a little joke at your use of the upper-case "p."

FWIW, there are a number of threads here and in AAAC regarding polish. The consensus was "they're all the same" except for a few who believe you get what you pays for.

Got the joke now; quite good actually!

And yea, I know they are basically all the same but I buy polish when I go to the shoe shop but can't afford to actually buy shoes. I have more polish than I have shoes

But this C&J stuff really laid on the mirror shine better than Kiwi. Really.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter
Got the joke now; quite good actually! And yea, I know they are basically all the same but I buy polish when I go to the shoe shop but can't afford to actually buy shoes. I have more polish than I have shoes But this C&J stuff really laid on the mirror shine better than Kiwi. Really.
I've got the C&J polish as well and I can second your observation that it is different to Kiwi. I've stated before that all of Kiwi's shades of brown contain some red tint. C&J's brown polish doesn't which is why I prefer it. I am still at a loss as far as the manufacturer of the C&J polish goes. It is certainly not an Avel product. It could be Collonil, but I have yet to verify it. Anyway, it's good polish.
post #10 of 10
I really like C&J's polish too - it seems to be "softer" and easier to apply than Kiwi. Plus C&J offer a dark brown, while Kiwi doesn't.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett and Jones Polish?