or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Bootcut out of style?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bootcut out of style? - Page 17

post #241 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post


Congrats.
Ive been maried to the same girl for ten years this November.

Then how can you say dressing well is "all about" getting laid?
post #242 of 252
this thread is just brimming with idiocy.
post #243 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post
Congrats.
Ive been maried to the same girl for ten years this November.
Then why do you care about teh fashions?
post #244 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post
Then how can you say dressing well is "all about" getting laid?

Because sex and reproduction are the primary drivers of human behavior.
Someone having read Kant and Hobbes makes them no less an animal than a binobo.
post #245 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post
Because sex and reproduction are the primary drivers of human behavior.
Someone having read Kant and Hobbes makes them no less an animal than a binobo.

post #246 of 252
That's a fitting close to the convo.

It's been stiumulating.
post #247 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post
Wooing a girl is shallow and trivial? You've got some fucking weird priorites.

So since the female angle obviously deserves such scorn in your eyes, why dont you lay out just why it is that you give a fuck about fashion, log hundreds of posts here, spend your hard earned money and care enough to bitch at someone you dont know (from the safety of your keyboard of course) about how they are "belittling" you. Im curious to hear what this higher cause is.



Congrats.
Ive been maried to the same girl for ten years this November.

I'm saying that if you are putting on clothes/conforming to trends/not being yourself. Basically playing dress up for that sole reason is SHALLOW. Yes, attracting the opposite sex is a plus, but its hardly why I am into fashion that would be lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post

Congrats.
Ive been maried to the same girl for ten years this November.

you come off as some clueless college bruh in your earlier posts.
post #248 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post
Because sex and reproduction are the primary drivers of human behavior.
Someone having read Kant and Hobbes makes them no less an animal than a binobo.

"Bonobo", actually. And Hobbes was actually a good choice of philosopher, it always bothers me when people throw out a few as examples that they clearly haven't read and just think of as "brainy".

But you're still dumb. If I want to wear that overpriced Diet Butcher Slim Skin dress/sweatshirt/thing on Blackbird, it's not to help me get laid, at any level of abstraction. The reasons for our dressing ourselves - or creating any art at all, really, or engaging in high-level craftsmanship or science - are incredibly complex, and it's both reductive and incorrect to act like Einstein devoted his spare time to relativity and Brownian motion so he could get laid.

/Xeno
post #249 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post
Because sex and reproduction are the primary drivers of human behavior.
Someone having read Kant and Hobbes makes them no less an animal than a binobo.

i like that in your drive to sound intelligent by namedropping philosophers falls flat when you misspell 'bonobo'
post #250 of 252
i like the look of these... not the fading but the general shape
post #251 of 252
I feel a slight boot cut can sometimes provide a better silhouette than a straight taper.

I have pair of DBSS denim that uses a slight boot cut which I've posted in WAYWT twice. Despite the forum's near universal hatred for boot cut, nobody even noticed the boot cut and instead everyone commented on how well the jeans fit!

If jeans have too much taper you often end up with a super skinny ankle look which I dislike. And if the jeans don't have enough taper, the lower part of the leg can look too baggy. But a sight boot cut can allow taper without creating a skinny ankle.
post #252 of 252
Boot cuts either look very West Village or sloppy (as illustrated in post 250) Just not a flattering silhouette IMO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Bootcut out of style?