or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › New brand: Kuyichi Denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New brand: Kuyichi Denim

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
LA, here is the new brand I told you about:
http://www.kuyichi.com I don't think all the different washes are shown in the site, since I remember seeing the straight legged and bootcut ones in a one rinse. Nice philosophy behind it too, using Fair Trade cotton.

edit: the site is nice in that they let you see how the jeans fit via a mini movie.
post #2 of 14
Hmmm... they seem decent, though, of course, it is really hard to tell denim quality and jean construction without actually seeing them in person and looking at them in detail. The placement of the back pocket detail seems a lot like Sugarcanes, which is interesting. I like the fits more than a lot of the super skinny fits I've been seening lately. Most of my jeans fit somewhere between the Jeff and the Ryan, with one or two pairs as tight as the Coles. What is the pricepoint for these jeans?

And why is it so hard to see the clothes? Web designers...

Are you going to posts pics of those jeans we talked about. I am really interested in seeing them!
post #3 of 14
Deffently a nice looking company. I like the way that the make their washed denim look like it's dry. I really dig those loose fits. The seem like they aren't too tight, but just tight enough. Where can I get them in the states?
post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
LA: from my quick inspection of them, they looked pretty nice. Good hand and weight to the denim. If I remember, the price range was around Euro 100 or in the vicinity.

weirdnjfan1: I have no clue where you can get them in the States, sorry. Send them an email.
post #5 of 14
I was much more impressed by their offerings for women than their men's stuff.
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
..... Are you going to posts pics of those jeans we talked about. I am really interested in seeing them!
Sorry, didn't wear them today. Will get pics soon though.
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage
Sorry, didn't wear them today. Will get pics soon though.

You can always do as Brian does, and artfully place the jeans in a carefully dishevelled pile and then use a cool filter and touch up in Photoshop
post #8 of 14
i was just in the hague yesterday (t4phage, i didn't realize you were in the hague, very different from amsterdam by the way, very beautiful city, but how do you stand that wind blowing in off the north sea through scheveningen .....) and i checked out the kuyichi denim selection there and in amsterdam

it was okay, the organic cotton/free trade thing is its biggest draw but the sales guy i chatted with said it was very popular with the dutch and sold very well

i tried on a few pairs, but did not buy, it just wasn't my thing and didn't seem to suit my body i guess as it didn't look like it sat well on my hips - i only really liked the wash of the luke model but it was too low rise for me

there was a recent article on the brand in something like british gq or something, within the last few months, that's where i read about it recently
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
You can always do as Brian does, and artfully place the jeans in a carefully dishevelled pile and then use a cool filter and touch up in Photoshop

I took that picture for a packaging design project I'm working on. There were no filters on it, only photoshopped change was image size.
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I took that picture for a packaging design project I'm working on. There were no filters on it, only photoshopped change was image size.

Ahahahahaha. Just messing dude
post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes
i was just in the hague yesterday (t4phage, i didn't realize you were in the hague, very different from amsterdam by the way, very beautiful city, but how do you stand that wind blowing in off the north sea through scheveningen .....) and i checked out the kuyichi denim selection there and in amsterdam

it was okay, the organic cotton/free trade thing is its biggest draw but the sales guy i chatted with said it was very popular with the dutch and sold very well

i tried on a few pairs, but did not buy, it just wasn't my thing and didn't seem to suit my body i guess as it didn't look like it sat well on my hips - i only really liked the wash of the luke model but it was too low rise for me

there was a recent article on the brand in something like british gq or something, within the last few months, that's where i read about it recently
The cold North Sea wind..... we have to live with it.
Did you go to Mode d'emploi or Bendorff in Den Haag? Was it Dennis or Johan that you spoke to? Did you also get to check out the Denim Excentrics label?
post #12 of 14
Any more info on this?
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post

Any more info on this?

Good call, bumping a thread that is almost 6 years old...
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post

Good call, bumping a thread that is almost 6 years old...

So? Better than making a new one with the same title.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › New brand: Kuyichi Denim