or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Need some advice on how to handle a vendor
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need some advice on how to handle a vendor

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Early July I took a friend to a shirt maker I have used in the past with the intent of introducing them to custom made shirts.

A deposit was taken and my friend was promised a initial shirt by the end of July. However, the end of July has come and gone and we're now into mid-August. My friend has not heard from the shirt maker and has called a bunch of times and e-mailed, both to no avail. I have also e-mailed and PM'd, without results.

I really like the work this person does but the lack of customer service is quite distressing. We lament the fact that there are fewer and fewer providers of quality goods, but at the same time, receiving this level of service does not encourage a person to want to seek out these services.

My friend has certainly not received a very good first experience with custom shirt making and it has turned him off to 'artisanal goods'.

Any advice on how to elicit a better response would certainly be appreciated. Or, do we just have to put up with this behavior?
post #2 of 7
You took him there in person to place the order correct? If so, go back and demand satisfaction in person.
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanHarig View Post
You took him there in person to place the order correct? If so, go back and demand satisfaction in person.
I agree, go there and voice your dissatisfaction.
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
In person is a great idea. Except that the shirt maker is in a different city. Both my friend and I were working there regularly, until this past week. Now, we will not be back in that city for an unknown period of time.
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryn13 View Post
In person is a great idea. Except that the shirt maker is in a different city. Both my friend and I were working there regularly, until this past week. Now, we will not be back in that city for an unknown period of time.

You need to make time to visit and resolve this issue. The reputation of the shirtmaker, and more importantly, your reputation with your friend, is at stake. You recommended the shirtmaker, you have a vested interest in this...
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydis Greis View Post
You need to make time to visit and resolve this issue. The reputation of the shirtmaker, and more importantly, your reputation with your friend, is at stake. You recommended the shirtmaker, you have a vested interest in this...

Indeed. Lest your friend being to suspect that you and the shirtmaker are partners in some elaborate scheme to lure in first time bespoke shirt buyers and steal their money, destroying their image of bespoke shirting, and condemning them to RTW shirts for all eternity!
post #7 of 7
make the vendor aware that you have been a customer in the past, were in the process of referring friends and associates to them, all this future income will be lost, not just this one sale which your friend can get his money back from. plus the damage to their rep all for the sake of a simple explanatory phone call!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Need some advice on how to handle a vendor