or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 60

post #886 of 4175
Getting a 256. Question about the grip attachment. Is this something I can buy separately or would I have to send the bag back to filson or something-assumign that part of the attachment is stitched to the handle?
post #887 of 4175
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

Getting a 256. Question about the grip attachment. Is this something I can buy separately or would I have to send the bag back to filson or something-assumign that part of the attachment is stitched to the handle?

From what I have read on here, I believe you would need to send the bag back to Filson to get the handgrip added as it is stitched on.
post #888 of 4175
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

Getting a 256. Question about the grip attachment. Is this something I can buy separately or would I have to send the bag back to filson or something-assumign that part of the attachment is stitched to the handle?

I think I also read someone mention that you could order the attachment for $10 or have filson do it for $20.
post #889 of 4175

Hey guys- This is my first post. I've read this thread for awhile now and I own many Filson bags, clothes and gear. I use them all very hard. I decided to join because I found a online Filson coupon that beats ANYTHING I've ever seen. It expires Friday 2/6/12. 

 

Go to Glensoutdoors.com and ANY filson gear is 25% off. When you checkout type in coupon code 'LASTCHANCE' all caps, no spaces. I just ordered a Large wheeled duffel and a Medium duffel. 

 

Though guys like you all could benefit from this. I saved a total of $190 on two bags! Anyway, I'll post more soon of my bags etc. Love all the Filson gear  Cheers fellas. 

 

EDIT_ Just saw you've mentioned this sale. FYI- My order went through fine and I spoke to Glens today... It goes until Friday. Plus, you get free shipping. 

post #890 of 4175
Quote:
Originally Posted by facet View Post

Just another heads up on a sale from another thread. After going through this entire thread, and racking my brain on whether to go with the brown or otter green (tough decision, both look so nice), I finally took advantage of Cable Cars Clothiers' 30% Off Sale and got the 256 in brown. It ended up being $168 with shipping and taxes, so I figured that was as good a deal as I was going to get for it. Looking forward to getting it and I'll post some pics when I do as there seems to be a dearth of photos it in brown, relative to the others.


omg !! Thanks Facet for the great deal icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif ! I was looking for the 256 in sale and almost when I decided to order it directly from Filson website, I checked styleforum to get more pictures of the briefcase and came across your post. So I got the 256 in tan for 180 USD international shipping included (to Europe). Can't wait to get my hands on it smile.gif

post #891 of 4175
Quote:
Originally Posted by facet View Post

Just another heads up on a sale from another thread. After going through this entire thread, and racking my brain on whether to go with the brown or otter green (tough decision, both look so nice), I finally took advantage of Cable Cars Clothiers' 30% Off Sale and got the 256 in brown. It ended up being $168 with shipping and taxes, so I figured that was as good a deal as I was going to get for it. Looking forward to getting it and I'll post some pics when I do as there seems to be a dearth of photos it in brown, relative to the others.


Thanks for the info !

post #892 of 4175

I'm definitely going to get a 256 but I was wondering what color is more appropriate for office/ corporate environment/ setting? I'm thinking brown. Any inputs?

post #893 of 4175
I've got brown 256 and bring it to work every day. IMO much more appropriate than the tan, though i did give some serious thought to the otter green. I guess it's just preference. I saw both the colours in person but still liked them both. I've been very happy with the brown.
post #894 of 4175
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchan221 View Post

I'm definitely going to get a 256 but I was wondering what color is more appropriate for office/ corporate environment/ setting? I'm thinking brown. Any inputs?


For "corporate appropriateness" I would rank them (in descending order): brown, green, ... , tan. I have the brown 256 and I am very happy with it as a work bag. I probably prefer the green aesthetically, but it looks a little too "Army-Navy Store Chic" for the office. Brown is perfectly nice and attracts zero notice (which, in this context, is a good thing). Tan is far too attention-grabbing for me to comfortably carry it with a suit on the rare occasion I wear one.
post #895 of 4175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrown View Post

For "corporate appropriateness" I would rank them (in descending order): brown, green, ... , tan. I have the brown 256 and I am very happy with it as a work bag. I probably prefer the green aesthetically, but it looks a little too "Army-Navy Store Chic" for the office. Brown is perfectly nice and attracts zero notice (which, in this context, is a good thing). Tan is far too attention-grabbing for me to comfortably carry it with a suit on the rare occasion I wear one.

I also agree that brown is probably the most corporate office appropriate, but I went with the otter green anyway. I work at a business casual firm and the majority of employees do not wear suits to the office, so I think it's OK plus I think the otter green may wear better than the brown.
post #896 of 4175

thanks for the responses. i think i will go with the brown smile.gif

post #897 of 4175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrown View Post

For "corporate appropriateness" I would rank them (in descending order): brown, green, ... , tan. I have the brown 256 and I am very happy with it as a work bag. I probably prefer the green aesthetically, but it looks a little too "Army-Navy Store Chic" for the office. Brown is perfectly nice and attracts zero notice (which, in this context, is a good thing). Tan is far too attention-grabbing for me to comfortably carry it with a suit on the rare occasion I wear one.

Damn, now I'm getting second thoughts about ordering brown over green. I also thought the green looked a little nicer, initially, over the brown as well; but I also thought it looked a little too "wilderness wanderer" for me. I was hoping that, the brown would look nicer over time as it supposedly fades a little, giving a nice contrast to the leather of the straps. *sigh* Oh well, I'll otter green next time if I buy something else from them. How long have you had yours?
post #898 of 4175
I've got an extra Filson 256 in TAN WITH HANDLES INSTALLED that that I just picked up. If anyone's in the market for one I thought I'd throw it to the fanatics before I posted it in B&S.
Edited by Rambo - 2/1/12 at 10:10am
post #899 of 4175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post




I recently purchased the Sportman's bag for travel purposes, and debuted it during Thanksgiving as I visited India for 9 days. It held a lot more stuff than I thought it would, still wasn't heavy, and worked out really well. I got it in green, which despite being my least favorite color of the three choices, looks fantastic - I got a few compliments. The construction also seems really great. At 40% off, I'm very happy with the purchase.

Estimated contents: pair of khakis, pair of shorts, 4-5 undershirts, 5-6 pairs of socks, 5-6 boxers, 2 short sleeve tees, 2 long sleeve tees, 2 polos, soccer shorts, dopp kit - definitely could have fit more.

I wasn't in need of the internal dividers so I removed them to create one giant compartment, but I could see them being handy if I needed to divide up the contents more.

350x490px-LL-d336f970_FilsonSportsmansBag1.jpeg

May I please request you for a few filled interior shots?
Am contemplating this or a small duffle.
Thanks!
post #900 of 4175

I've recently ordered the Filson Medium Duffel and I'm wondering how many of you have used it as a bag for 3-7 day trips. I also have a large wheeled duffel coming and I've seen that in person so I know it's pretty big. 

 

Anyway, if you've all used the medium duffel I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. I ordered it in Brown so it handles airline handling and scuffs, etc better. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures