or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 59

post #871 of 3971
Your 256 looks newer than my 18 month old 261.

621
post #872 of 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

Your 256 looks newer than my 18 month old 261.

621

Now that you mention it, I didn't get it in 2007, it was 2009.
post #873 of 3971
On Anthony Bourdain's "The Layover," I noticed that he uses what looks like an otter green 257. Sorry, no pics.
post #874 of 3971
Month old otter green 257 i've been carrying this bag about 3 days a week to school. Awesome upgrade from my old patagonia messenger bag.

OK upside down cell pics don't do a Filson justice. . . here you guys go.

527

232

Carrying, 13" MB, charger, couple pads of paper, a big textbook, a little textbook, blade, pen, pencil.

261
Edited by jergensCsquad - 1/27/12 at 6:31pm
post #875 of 3971


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by localman View Post

Just an FYI over at http://www.glensoutdoors.com/default.asp Filson bags are 25% off with promo code LASTCHANCE.

 

I have no affiliation with the merchant but a brand new 257 shipped for less than $200 sounds good to me.

 

I don't know how long the code will work for.

 

 



Thanks!! Code still works on all Filson items. Just ordered a hat and 52" unscoped gun case to go with my Filson Fly Rod case which I've had for a few years. They will both go on the wall as part of the interior decoration of my home, they are a work of art as far as I'm concerned. Almost pulled the trigger on a Pullman bag. Been waiting for years to get one but threw in a brush hat instead, sighhhh. Had to pay tax but still a great deal.

post #876 of 3971
Just another heads up on a sale from another thread. After going through this entire thread, and racking my brain on whether to go with the brown or otter green (tough decision, both look so nice), I finally took advantage of Cable Cars Clothiers' 30% Off Sale and got the 256 in brown. It ended up being $168 with shipping and taxes, so I figured that was as good a deal as I was going to get for it. Looking forward to getting it and I'll post some pics when I do as there seems to be a dearth of photos it in brown, relative to the others.
post #877 of 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by facet View Post

Just another heads up on a sale from another thread. After going through this entire thread, and racking my brain on whether to go with the brown or otter green (tough decision, both look so nice), I finally took advantage of Cable Cars Clothiers' 30% Off Sale and got the 256 in brown. It ended up being $168 with shipping and taxes, so I figured that was as good a deal as I was going to get for it. Looking forward to getting it and I'll post some pics when I do as there seems to be a dearth of photos it in brown, relative to the others.

Thanks for the tip. Shipping is pretty expensive at $17, but went ahead and pulled the trigger on a otter green 256. Was also considering the brown like you, but feel that the otter will age better.

I didn't see the option for a handgrip, but left a note that I wanted one in case they could accommodate.
post #878 of 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by facet View Post

Just another heads up on a sale from another thread. After going through this entire thread, and racking my brain on whether to go with the brown or otter green (tough decision, both look so nice), I finally took advantage of Cable Cars Clothiers' 30% Off Sale and got the 256 in brown. It ended up being $168 with shipping and taxes, so I figured that was as good a deal as I was going to get for it. Looking forward to getting it and I'll post some pics when I do as there seems to be a dearth of photos it in brown, relative to the others.

Would really appreciate you posting the coupon code (if needed) since you referenced the sale.
post #879 of 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post

Would really appreciate you posting the coupon code (if needed) since you referenced the sale.

no codes needed for cable car
post #880 of 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by localman View Post

Just an FYI over at http://www.glensoutdoors.com/default.asp Filson bags are 25% off with promo code LASTCHANCE.

 

I have no affiliation with the merchant but a brand new 257 shipped for less than $200 sounds good to me.

 

I don't know how long the code will work for.

 

 


Still works!

Just ordered a 258 for 25% off!

I appreciate this site and contributors like you.

Thanks
post #881 of 3971
Correction: Bourdain seems to have an otter green 258:

fxnQ3.jpg
post #882 of 3971

After going back and forth with myself for way too long just ordered the 258 in Brown. The 25% off is no longer valid at Glens Outdoors. Ended up ordering it from Cable Car and even though the Brown isn't in stock he gave me the 30% off with estimated ship date Feb. 7. Very cool. Received an email from Glens that the gun case wasn't in stock and expected ship date is March 2. LOL thanks for helping me spend more money you bastages!! smile.gif

 

When the bag shows up I will also take some pictures for color comparison as I have some Filson gear in Tan and Otter green already.

post #883 of 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

After going back and forth with myself for way too long just ordered the 258 in Brown. The 25% off is no longer valid at Glens Outdoors. Ended up ordering it from Cable Car and even though the Brown isn't in stock he gave me the 30% off with estimated ship date Feb. 7. Very cool. Received an email from Glens that the gun case wasn't in stock and expected ship date is March 2. LOL thanks for helping me spend more money you bastages!! smile.gif

When the bag shows up I will also take some pictures for color comparison as I have some Filson gear in Tan and Otter green already.

I also received an email from Cable Car notifying me that my 256 in Otter Green is on backorder until 25 February. They are honoring the promo price for me when it ships.
post #884 of 3971
Thanks for the tip about Glens. I ordered a 257 in Otter Green.
post #885 of 3971
To get on the backorder train, the otter 257 I ordered from Glens is on back order until March 2nd as well
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures