or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 55

post #811 of 3940
Modification idea... I find with my 257 loaded with laptop and books it's really heavy to carry by handle or even shoulder strap, so I run the shoulder strap through the closed handles (between them), and put the strap on the longest setting. This makes two loops (one on either side of the handles) and then I wear it as a two shouldered packpack, across my back horizontally.

anyone try that?
post #812 of 3940
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post

I don't think either one fits carry-on requirements. You need the small.

Yeah or even better get the Pullman, just got one for myself recently and liking it.
post #813 of 3940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

Modification idea... I find with my 257 loaded with laptop and books it's really heavy to carry by handle or even shoulder strap, so I run the shoulder strap through the closed handles (between them), and put the strap on the longest setting. This makes two loops (one on either side of the handles) and then I wear it as a two shouldered packpack, across my back horizontally.

anyone try that?

lol...just tried it out. Looks funky but it works/
post #814 of 3940
kinda like this right? (ie horizontal across the back, although two shoulder loops) It looks a little funky, and also probably only works if you're small like us, but I think it does work.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
backack.jpg
post #815 of 3940

I receive the same question from everyone. My bad?

post #816 of 3940
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchuy0501 View Post

I receive the same question from everyone. My bad?


What you posted isn't a Filson bag (unless I'm mistaken), so why did you post it in this thread?
post #817 of 3940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

kinda like this right? (ie horizontal across the back, although two shoulder loops) It looks a little funky, and also probably only works if you're small like us, but I think it does work.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
backack.jpg

Yeah - it looks something like that. You just need to be small enough to fit under the straps
post #818 of 3940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

kinda like this right? (ie horizontal across the back, although two shoulder loops) It looks a little funky, and also probably only works if you're small like us, but I think it does work. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
backack.jpg

Just tried this and it actually works pretty well. I can't see a situation where I would ever do it, but it does work.

I had an extra series of holes punched in the shoulder strap so that I can cinch it up tight and wear it like a messenger bag. I find that this is how I carry my 257 most of the time.
post #819 of 3940
Come on fellas. If you need a backpack, buy a backpack.
post #820 of 3940
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post

What's the best filson bag for travelling (we're talking flying home for two weeks over Christmas etc)? I don't have a lot a clothing as it is and I've caught the 'pack light' bug...so I'm trying to decide between a large duffle or an XL duffle. The large looks about right but I'm wondering if the XL would/wouldn't be overkill. Any recommendations on colour (I'd like the tan if it was a dark tan, but judging by pictures it looks lighter then I'd like so I'm leaning towards green)?
If you've got one to sell I might be interested.

Are you looking to use this as an airline carry-on? If yes, neither the large or XL duffel bags will work...both are huge, the XL could literally hold a body (or two). Even the medium duffel is too large for this when backed to the brim...but if you leave some room you should be fine.

I like the filson pullman for traveling...works as a carry-on on most airlines, especially when it is not stuffed. It is also a lot easier to pack and keep organized than the duffel bags I have...and it is also a lot easier to carry as well.
post #821 of 3940
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskyzealot View Post

Are you looking to use this as an airline carry-on? If yes, neither the large or XL duffel bags will work...both are huge, the XL could literally hold a body (or two). Even the medium duffel is too large for this when backed to the brim...but if you leave some room you should be fine.
I like the filson pullman for traveling...works as a carry-on on most airlines, especially when it is not stuffed. It is also a lot easier to pack and keep organized than the duffel bags I have...and it is also a lot easier to carry as well.

+1

I have a pullman that I use every time I fly, and I've been able to carry it on even when stuffed. Because the bag isn't rigid like the standard rectangular roller carry-on, it's able to fit into the overhead bins easily. Plus the interior straps are great to keep stuff separated.

Has anyone used both the 257 and 258? I have a 257, which I love, but I got a new work laptop that just barely fits with my other stuff. I'm considering upgrading to the 258, and the dimensions look slightly larger, but I'm not sure what effect the exterior pocket has on those measurements. I might just have to take my computer down to the flagship store and try it out.

Has anyone ordered from Crane's recently?
post #822 of 3940
Recently grabbed Passage Expedition Duffle-Small. I like it, now need something bigger.

Photobucket
post #823 of 3940
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post

Has anyone had experience with this shop?
http://www.outlandusa.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=256
(Listed also on ebay)
Are this first quality?
Thanks



My chocolate 256 came from there, all the way from USA to Portugal, no problems to document. smile.gif
post #824 of 3940
Any Filson dealers have a black friday sale going on?
post #825 of 3940
I got this one from Baker's Shoes and Clothing... meh.

107
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures