or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 392

post #5866 of 5977

The green 24Hr briefcase ($284) is on sale at http://www.backcountry.com/filson-72-hr-tin-briefcase  

post #5867 of 5977
i'm looking at the 256 or 257. most days it's just a 13 mbp with a pair of over the ear headphones and maybe lunch, but other times i might bring a dslr or sweater. which size would be right for me? i don't see any near where i live so can't scope it out. thanks in advance!
post #5868 of 5977
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveam View Post

i'm looking at the 256 or 257. most days it's just a 13 mbp with a pair of over the ear headphones and maybe lunch, but other times i might bring a dslr or sweater. which size would be right for me? i don't see any near where i live so can't scope it out. thanks in advance!
It's going to be a tight fit in the 256 if you have a bigger DSLR. The bottom lines might fit, but something like a D3 with it's lens on won't.
post #5869 of 5977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post

It's going to be a tight fit in the 256 if you have a bigger DSLR. The bottom lines might fit, but something like a D3 with it's lens on won't.

thanks, 257 it is. any idea why filson website doesn't have tan anymore in that style? where are the usual places to shop for filson?

apologies for the noob questions, this is a new world for me
post #5870 of 5977
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveam View Post

thanks, 257 it is. any idea why filson website doesn't have tan anymore in that style? where are the usual places to shop for filson?

apologies for the noob questions, this is a new world for me

I 'll need someone else to confirm, but I think this is it.

You can also pick up at Crane's, an affiliate here.

I bought my 256 from Cable Car Clothiers, but you need to call them to order it.

I think Paragon sports also sells Filson and you may be able to call Filson stores direct to buy it. Personally I would shop on eBay for it to try and get an new old stock item or slightly used.

I don't have confidence in any of the new stuff anymore.
post #5871 of 5977
Has there been much experience with the Folsom Weatherproof Leather Original Briefcase? I'm curious if the quality of the leather and construction hold-up.
post #5872 of 5977
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveam View Post

thanks, 257 it is. any idea why filson website doesn't have tan anymore in that style? where are the usual places to shop for filson?

apologies for the noob questions, this is a new world for me

Filson is discontinuing the 257. So, only Black color left in their website. Here's Filson official respsonse:

"No, there is not a model slated to replace it at the present time. We feel that we do not need a bag in between the Original Briefcase and the Padded Computer Bag (which is what this bag is) and we will just be offering these 2 in our briefcase computer bags going forward.

Kind regards,

William Zolecki
Filson Customer Service
800-624-0201"
post #5873 of 5977
Hi everybody. I've got couple of Filsons. Excellent bag. My favourite is 257. Really shame if it is discontinued.

- Medium duffle in tan
- Medium duffle Red label (Filson x Nanamica?)
- Sportsmans bag in otter green
- Rucksack in tan
- Briefcase computer bag in tan
post #5874 of 5977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qristian View Post

Hi everybody. I've got couple of Filsons. Excellent bag. My favourite is 257. Really shame if it is discontinued.

- Medium duffle in tan
- Medium duffle Red label (Filson x Nanamica?)
- Sportsmans bag in otter green
- Rucksack in tan
- Briefcase computer bag in tan

 

It seems that you use the backpack a lot. 

post #5875 of 5977
Just recently return from a trip to San Francisco. This 257 served me well. I need room for a coffee mug and a outer light jacket. This bag is great.
I am glad I did go with the 257, a 256 would be way too small and 258 is way too bulky for me. Truly sad 257 is now discontinued.


post #5876 of 5977
There've been some surprising discontinuations over the past few years, but dropping the 257 takes the cake. Wow.
post #5877 of 5977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soletrane View Post

Speedy 611,
Just curious - what was your method to fold 2 suits in your Pullman? I am going on a 2-day business trip and would like to take my old 242 large carry-on which is similar size and design to the new Small Pullman. Only need to pack one suit. Thanks.

I travel 50,000 to 100,000 miles per year in trips generally between 2 and 5 days. I use Filson luggage and carry up to 2 suits plus a sport coat with Eagle Creek garment folders. I swear by them.
post #5878 of 5977
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post

There've been some surprising discontinuations over the past few years, but dropping the 257 takes the cake. Wow.

I guess they know what is selling, but this does seem odd. I love my 257 precisely because it's between the other two bags in size.
post #5879 of 5977
Just an FYI for New York City Citibike users, since we're talking about 256 sizing. It's tough getting a loaded 256 into a CitiBike basket. Not sure if the 257 would get in there unless it is pretty lightly loaded.
post #5880 of 5977
Here's a question for you guys: I need to send my tan 257 into Filson for repairs (I've had it for six years, and it has developed holes in the canvas in various places), but I haven't decided what to do during the time that it's being repaired (I carry it to work every day).

What would you do? Use it as an excuse to buy another Filson bag in a different style? Buy another tan 257 to keep in reserve now that the model is being discontinued? Buy an entirely different bag? Just use my canvas grocery store tote in the meantime? (ahem)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures