Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/17/16 at 4:29am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 382post #5716 of 60175/10/16 at 4:05amI think with the plethora of briefcase makers online these days using bridle leather, Horween, etc, you can get a superior briefcase to the current Filson one for the price Filson charges, IMHO. The Filson satchel design is a standard one too - so it's not like you're losing out on the distinctive Filson look or anything either. I would check some of the briefcase threads on styleforum for options.post #5717 of 60175/10/16 at 7:28amTotally agree with that. At the full $900 range you can get some pretty fantastic offerings from frank clegg and other small leather workshops. But you cannot beat the Filson warranty- that's originally why I went with Filson.Quote:Originally Posted by Soletrane
I think with the plethora of briefcase makers online these days using bridle leather, Horween, etc, you can get a superior briefcase to the current Filson one for the price Filson charges, IMHO. The Filson satchel design is a standard one too - so it's not like you're losing out on the distinctive Filson look or anything either. I would check some of the briefcase threads on styleforum for options.post #5718 of 60175/10/16 at 8:51ampost #5719 of 60175/12/16 at 12:39pmpost #5720 of 60175/14/16 at 11:56ampost #5721 of 60175/14/16 at 12:04pmpost #5722 of 60175/14/16 at 12:17pmQuote:
I paid $400 for mine, the old/good quality version, and was pretty happy about it. I paid around $900 for my SAB and the quality is in another world.post #5723 of 60175/14/16 at 12:18pmpost #5724 of 60175/14/16 at 8:15pmQuote:
Yep I didn't pay anywhere near the full price either. Where did you get a SAB for $900? I'm assuming used?post #5725 of 60175/14/16 at 9:38pmpost #5726 of 60175/15/16 at 5:18ampost #5727 of 60175/15/16 at 8:18amQuote:
RM Williams saddle and leather dressing. I have an old yellow can similar to this somewhere.post #5728 of 60175/15/16 at 4:29pmQuote:
The Meridian shape is certainly great for airline travel. In my experience, it can hold two tall folded stacks of clothing very neatly and securely without need for those mesh bags or anything.
Having said that, I hesitate to admit I still seem to grab the ole Sportsman 266 for most trips - as I am addicted to having all those pockets for the increasing amount of "gear" eg chargers, cables, meds, snacks, iPads, phones etc I need to haul and access especially when I travel with my kids.
Here is a pick of my 266 today in Wales it is a "big little" bag to be sure.
Edited by Soletrane - 5/15/16 at 4:52pmpost #5729 of 60175/15/16 at 11:40pmpost #5730 of 60175/17/16 at 8:46am
Hey guys. Anyone know the best place to get a Filson leather strap?
I'd like one that is "aged" or I will just age it myself if I can't find that. I love my 72 hour (formerly 24 hour bag) for daily use but really don't love the nylon strap as it doesn't feel right.
They're $46 on line which would be ok, I guess - but looking to find one that is a bit more beat up..
Let me know!
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Jacket from Drive 16 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 26 minutes ago
- › Polo Ralph Lauren Double breasted 6x2 double breasted suit in 50R EU 31 minutes ago
- › Size 15 1/2 red checkered Fray barrel cuff 31 minutes ago
- › Navy Hickey Freeman Horsey Jacket 33 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...