I'm guessing a jet injector rather than a thing that goes bang
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/17/16 at 4:29am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 379post #5672 of 59813/29/16 at 12:18pmpost #5673 of 59813/31/16 at 6:41pmpost #5674 of 59814/1/16 at 8:00ampost #5675 of 59814/3/16 at 7:14ampost #5676 of 59814/6/16 at 11:38pm
Hello. Newbie question here. I just aquired a 257 and was surprised that the interieur pockets are not made out of twill. It's a thinner fabric.
Is that a recent change, or was it always like this?
The inner pockets of my other briefcase, the 256, are entirely made out of twill (which I prefer).
Here are some pics of the 257:
Thanks.post #5677 of 59814/7/16 at 5:24ampost #5678 of 59814/7/16 at 9:01ampost #5679 of 59814/7/16 at 10:38ampost #5680 of 59814/7/16 at 11:05am
Anyone have any actual experience/photos with the aging of a black leather field satchel? Perhaps I'm just not finding the relevant comment. But even a google image search for examples of the black leather aging process turns up empty. I obviously don't want a glossy, black bag covered in scuff marks after 5 years. But I also don't want to look like a farmer or a country lawyer in ten (with the brown bag). Opinions and thoughts are also accepted.post #5681 of 59814/7/16 at 12:31pmpost #5682 of 59814/7/16 at 12:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by sschofield
Anyone have any actual experience/photos with the aging of a black leather field satchel? Perhaps I'm just not finding the relevant comment. But even a google image search for examples of the black leather aging process turns up empty. I obviously don't want a glossy, black bag covered in scuff marks after 5 years. But I also don't want to look like a farmer or a country lawyer in ten (with the brown bag). Opinions and thoughts are also accepted.
I think the full grain vegetable tanned leather that is popular (online) for briefcases (and related discussion) these days tends to patinate, age, scuff etc as this is considered desirable by the target consumers. If you want a briefcase that doesn't show wear over time there are chrome tanned, more textured leather briefcases that stay more consistent in appearance over time. I have seen these by mainstream fashion brands like Lanvin, Coach etc.post #5683 of 59814/7/16 at 1:11pm
That (Lanvin, etc) is a good suggestion; I've been keeping my eye open. Thank you.
I'm not actually interested in the bag not showing wear, so much as in whether the black bag shows wear in an aesthetically pleasing way. The brown leather filson, which everyone seems to have, gets a very 'warm', 'rich' patina with time. I generally prefer black, but am curious what that patina would look like (greying, patchy, etc.). Also, brown can look quite natural with a scratch or gouge, but I'm not sure how black would look.
(Anyone with photos of a Black Field Satchel by Filson, with even a few months of wear?)post #5684 of 59814/7/16 at 3:19pmpost #5685 of 59814/7/16 at 3:34pmQuote:
22% off and free shipping at Steven Alan. Looks like they only have navy and brown (not tan) for the 256, though.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › The DETAILS AND MICRO ISSUES OF A TRUMP PRESIDENCY Official Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › The Film thread 15 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...