or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 263

post #3931 of 4308

Just released: Daypack, Outfitter and a new Travel kit + 15" Case from what I see.

post #3932 of 4308
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatic View Post

Just released: Daypack, Outfitter and a new Travel kit + 15" Case from what I see.


http://www.filson.com/collections/new-arrivals/-cc15/?sort=DEFAULT_CAT_SORT+asc&fq=Collections%3ANew+Arrivals&start=0&rows=99999
post #3933 of 4308
Quote:
Originally Posted by oles View Post

Local denim shop here in Chicago that I love just got these in and since I'm such a sucker for almost anything waxed cotton I snapped up the briefcase on sight.  Style is 70163 and it measure like a 256 but is constructed out of an extremely heavy duty twill that is heavily waxed.  Emailed Filson this morning asking for some deets and I carried it for the first time today and this thing is robust to say the least.

Tin cloth.

$_57.JPG



$_57.JPG



$_57.JPG



$_57.JPG

post #3934 of 4308

So that's Tincloth then, cool.

 

Filson Customer Service is calling it a "Heavy Original Briefcase".  Are the pics you attached of your bag?  Where'd you get yours?

post #3935 of 4308
Quote:
Originally Posted by oles View Post

So that's Tincloth then, cool.

Filson Customer Service is calling it a "Heavy Original Briefcase".  Are the pics you attached of your bag?  Where'd you get yours?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Filson-Original-Briefcase-Heavy-Tin-Cloth-Item-70163-Color-Moss-New-Item-/111404472883
post #3936 of 4308
Couple more shots of the 232 doing service as camera bag, day pack and bb gun rest.



post #3937 of 4308

Why is the tin cloth briefcase more expensive than the rugged twill? It is a lighter weight cloth. Speaking of, I can't seem to show only the rugged twill bags on Filson's website which is kind of annoying. Seems like more and more Filson stuff is being made from tin cloth or shelter cloth. I like the uniformity of only using the twill.

post #3938 of 4308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therossinator View Post

Why is the tin cloth briefcase more expensive than the rugged twill? It is a lighter weight cloth. Speaking of, I can't seem to show only the rugged twill bags on Filson's website which is kind of annoying. Seems like more and more Filson stuff is being made from tin cloth or shelter cloth. I like the uniformity of only using the twill.

The label indicates heavy tin cloth, maybe it is heavier than the 12.5 oz used on the jackets ?
Edited by milw50717 - 7/24/14 at 1:08pm
post #3939 of 4308
Filson is coming out with five new bags a week.
post #3940 of 4308
Quote:
Originally Posted by converge View Post

Filson is coming out with five new bags a week.

Just as many will appear in their end of line sales. I'd guess that they have their business folks looking at the sales figures and ROI for all of their new products. Some very will likely have a short lifespan.
post #3941 of 4308

I really wanted a Filson Small Tote Bag for my 8.5x11 textbooks (Filson confirmed that they won't fit in a 8.5x12 tin cloth grip case). Filson's regular tote is 14x14 but the discontinued small tote is 12x12. I finally found this mythical bag, on sale no less, and thought I'd share my joy with all of you here.

 

Filson bags are on sale, 25% off the following and free shipping for orders $75 and up:

Tin Cloth Backpack 259.99 - 194.99

Large Briefcase Computer Bag 299.99 - 224.99

Tote Briefcase 359.99 - 269.99

Tin Cloth Original Briefcase 324.99 - 243.74

Small Tote (add $1.50 shoelaces to get free shipping) 99.99 - 74.99

Original Briefcase 247.99 - 185.99

 

http://www.highkickz.com/all/filson/

Use coupon code BTS25

 

 

But wait, theres more!

Filson zippered tote: 154.00 - 105.00

http://www.davidmorgan.com/product_info.php?products_id=664

post #3942 of 4308

Would I be able to fit a pair of dress shoes in the 257?

 

In the winter I usually bring my shoes to work and change when I get there due to the sometimes terrible weather. It would be used daily for work and will be using the bag for my laptop and a few notepads, maybe my lunch and a drink along with other smaller items.

 

Do you think I have the right one picked out?

post #3943 of 4308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

Would I be able to fit a pair of dress shoes in the 257?

 

In the winter I usually bring my shoes to work and change when I get there due to the sometimes terrible weather. It would be used daily for work and will be using the bag for my laptop and a few notepads, maybe my lunch and a drink along with other smaller items.

 

Do you think I have the right one picked out?

Ia m not a fan of the 257. although technically larger than the 256 I find it to have less usable space. I think this is due to the additional dividers making 3 compartments inside. i would look for something open on the inside like 256, zippered tote, etc

post #3944 of 4308
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

Ia m not a fan of the 257. although technically larger than the 256 I find it to have less usable space. I think this is due to the additional dividers making 3 compartments inside. i would look for something open on the inside like 256, zippered tote, etc

 

I found a vid on youtube and I see what you are saying, it still looks like the middle compartment might be wider compared to the 256 which would be better if I did need to bring the shoes. But the 256 does offer a less cluttered feel to the inside which is nice.

 

If you have it handy could you put a pair of shoes in your 256 for me to see? I might be leaning to that one now.

post #3945 of 4308

edit: I have read through most of the post regarding Filson 256 in Navy Colour. May I ask, is the material quality for Navy colour really different from other colour?

And I would like to ask, which color, Tan or Navy, is a more versatile colour, in terms of formal and casual look?

Thanks in advance.

 

Hi there, may I ask are there any pictures on Filson 256 navy color? Am contemplating between the classic Tan colour and Navy colour.

Thanks in advance.


Edited by tsktsk999 - 7/26/14 at 6:48am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures