or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 241

post #3601 of 4312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolve View Post

Fair enough. I have a 256 on the way from Revolve Clothing. It's backordered 'til the 21st, so this certainly isn't a case where the bag has sat on a retailer shelf for years. I don't plan to use any products on the leather or canvas.

When the bag arrives have a look at the leather and if it feels dry then consider giving it some love.
post #3602 of 4312
15" in first compartment of a 256

post #3603 of 4312
Thanks for all the pics Gentleman. My personal laptop is just a netbook so its very compact. Unfortunantly my work laptop is an absolute hog of a thing. Might just need to trek up to SF to UnionMade this weekend and bring it along to test the fit in Person.
post #3604 of 4312
post #3605 of 4312

I can only fit my 15.6 " inch wide screen lenovo g580 in the middle compartment in the 256 I have. The other pockets are too small width wise to fit it in.

post #3606 of 4312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrgeiz View Post

Hi, so I've treated my handles with obenauf HDLP and after a month or so, it looks like the below. I guess even when they came, it was kind of like this. Is this normal? This is in regards to the underside of the straps. It's kind of dry and brittle feeling. Any suggestions as well? Thanks Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The straps on my 256 and 261 look the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktown View Post

I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a tan Zippered Tote (261). I didn't get the cheapest price at $140 on ebay but I'm tired of carrying a bunch of individual items and small lunch bag to work everyday. This is my first Filson so I am eagerly anticipating the quality.
You're right that it does look feminine at times, but it does depend on what you are carrying in it. I can carry it in my hands and not have it hit the floor and I am only 5'5".
post #3607 of 4312



My classic 20+ year old Filson 252. Old style lock and beautiful patina. I consider this to be the ultimate briefcase for my lifestyle and no doubt it'll outlast me. 

post #3608 of 4312
Absolutely beautiful.
post #3609 of 4312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplock View Post






My classic 20+ year old Filson 252. Old style lock and beautiful patina. I consider this to be the ultimate briefcase for my lifestyle and no doubt it'll outlast me. 

Stunning patina sir. Bravo!
post #3610 of 4312
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Stunning patina sir. Bravo!

+1

Stunning icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #3611 of 4312

*

 

FINALLY got a replacement zipper from Filson. I'm about 1/3rd of the way done with this project, and it's quite a job let me tell you. I definitely don't recommend it unless you're a nerd like me as it's major surgery. The part in the pic is the easy part. The ends are very tricky with little room to work. That's the bad news. The good news is (fingers crossed) that my old classic 257 will once again have a working zipper and extended lifespan. It's waaaay to good to retire!

post #3612 of 4312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplock View Post


FINALLY got a replacement zipper from Filson. I'm about 1/3rd of the way done with this project, and it's quite a job let me tell you. I definitely don't recommend it unless you're a nerd like me as it's major surgery. The part in the pic is the easy part. The ends are very tricky with little room to work. That's the bad news. The good news is (fingers crossed) that my old classic 257 will once again have a working zipper and extended lifespan. It's waaaay to good to retire!

Great news and good work on the sewing. I guess it is too late to tell you that you can get black thread for those awls ..
post #3613 of 4312

Yep, and I have some black thread. This old bag is so funky with rips and scuffs that I don't think the off-white waxed thread will be a problem. If anything it adds a bit more character :)

post #3614 of 4312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplock View Post

This old bag is so funky with rips and scuffs that I don't think the off-white waxed thread will be a problem. If anything it adds a bit more character smile.gif
+1

And congratulations on getting the replacement zipper, even after initially you were told No. Way to go - it pays to be both polite "and" persistent icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #3615 of 4312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplock View Post

Yep, and I have some black thread. This old bag is so funky with rips and scuffs that I don't think the off-white waxed thread will be a problem. If anything it adds a bit more character smile.gif

As if that bag needs more character!

I applaud you for the DIY approach and am looking forward to the final results.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures