I was just following suit with the gentleman with the 256 & 257. I just got the 257 but I might return so I was throwing it out there to see if someone wants to save a few bucks.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 224post #3346 of 58741/30/14 at 6:53pmpost #3347 of 58741/30/14 at 6:57pmpost #3348 of 58741/30/14 at 7:16pmpost #3349 of 58741/30/14 at 7:31pmpost #3350 of 58741/30/14 at 7:34pmpost #3351 of 58741/31/14 at 1:52am
So, I don't know if its just me, but my otter green bag feels stiffer than my navy filson bag. I received both from brooks brothers last week but haven't really examined them until today. Can't tell if it's due to the navy material being thinner or if the otter green receives extra processing/treatment. I thought the problem with navy being thinner was only seen in the collabs.post #3352 of 58741/31/14 at 3:10ampost #3353 of 58741/31/14 at 3:13ampost #3354 of 58741/31/14 at 10:02amQuote:
Yuppers, that's how I got mine navy tweed at around $227Quote:Originally Posted by movoblast
So, I don't know if its just me, but my otter green bag feels stiffer than my navy filson bag. I received both from brooks brothers last week but haven't really examined them until today. Can't tell if it's due to the navy material being thinner or if the otter green receives extra processing/treatment. I thought the problem with navy being thinner was only seen in the collabs.Quote:
It appears that the navy twill is considered to be less dense than the otter green and tan ones? I'm really concerned about its longevity when compared to the original colors.
Also, I'm planning to spray Tarrago Nano Protector to waterproof my Navy Tweed 256. Anyone with opinions strongly against it?
Cheers!post #3355 of 58741/31/14 at 11:00amQuote:
I wouldn't worry. Their website states that it is 22oz rugged twill as used on the original lineup of briefcases. BTW 22oz refers to the weight per square yard, so you have a number of variables that come into play - size & weight of threads + density of weaving. IMHO you are more likely to have issues with the stitching, metal and leather than you are with the actual twill material.
If you do have issues down the road Filson are also known for their great customer service and guarantee. Maybe register the bag online, so they have a record of it and see how it goes.
From http://www.filson.com/filson/about-filson-products/guarantee/Quote:OUR GUARANTEE
"We guarantee every item purchased from us. No more, no less. Your satisfaction is the sole purpose of our transaction."
-Clinton C. Filson, 1897
We guarantee every item purchased from us. No more, no less. Your satisfaction is the sole purpose of our transaction. For more than 100 years, the Filson promise has remained unchanged. Practically indestructible, all Filson garments have a guarantee, witnessed by the fact that they have been passed down from fathers to sons to grandsons. When you buy Filson clothing, hats, and luggage, you can be assured that you have purchased the highest quality product available, guaranteed to withstand the test of time.
Needless to say, but If you are going to lose sleep over this then simply return/sell/trade for an original colour.post #3356 of 58741/31/14 at 11:11amQuote:
This. Even a brand new product sold at deep discount is covered by their complementary repair service (and possibly even if sold as seconds quality in some cases) for life. If it's so thrashed that they think they might as well give you a new one, you get a new one for free. I don't know what they do if they both can't fix it and it's a discontinued style, but my guess is that they'd just give you your choice of something comparable.
My only complaint (and it's a silly one) is that I had a piece on a brand new, out of stock from the retailer, bag that could easily be swapped out by hand. It was the internal snap divider from a sportsman. Filson apologetically said that I would need to send the whole bag in for repair/replacement, that they couldn't just send me that replacement piece. Of course, that's still wonderful customer service, and much better than other places that would say I had to go through the retailer for any repair.post #3357 of 58741/31/14 at 3:06pmpost #3358 of 58741/31/14 at 7:12pmpost #3359 of 58741/31/14 at 7:27pmpost #3360 of 58741/31/14 at 7:28pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 seconds ago
- › FEDELI V-NECK CASHMERE JUMPER 28 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fantasy Football 2016 sign up! Ends 8/21 6 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...