It will stain the canvas, so be careful.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Marketplace
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 216
I'd be interested in before and after images to see how it affects colour and finish as I have a strong suspicion that there will be significant change, even if you iron over cloth paper later to remove excess. I'm sceptical and hore than happy to be proved incorrect on this or anything else though.
I've been wanting to see a before and after too but no one seems to have posted anything. I'm considering doing it myself to a tan 257. I'll definitely post here if I go through with it.
Looks like Brooks Brothers is starting to ship stuff from their mid-december (40% off sale) that was originally slated for Feb 10. I just spoke with a BB rep on the phone, and my large duffel (that I got for $154 thanks to a pricing error on top of the sale) and medium travel bag are packaged and ready to ship on Tuesday (because of the holiday). The tote (non-zippered in Otter Green) was apparently oversold, so there may be a bit of a delay on those, but of the three bags that I ordered, that's certainly the one I'd choose to have delayed.
Also, instead of buying the (expensive) luggage tag for my other duffel, I decided I'd take advantage of the flap on the duffel and sew on a luggage tag. I bought some printable cotton on Amazon, found a font that was relatively similar to the Filson label, and printed off a sheet of labels. My wife sewed it on, and while it's not perfect (a tiny bit crooked and the stitches aren't all tight), given the thickness of the canvas and the fact that I asked her to not sew it through the top of the flap, I'm pretty darn happy with the results.
One less thing to buy, one less thing to have torn off during travel, and one less thing to get caught in a baggage claim. Should last as long as the bag.
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 41 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Hair Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) 7 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 13 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 18 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 18 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 23 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015