It will stain the canvas, so be careful.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 5/26/15 at 8:22am in Classic Menswear
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Marketplace
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 11/15/12 at 4:43pm in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 216
I'd be interested in before and after images to see how it affects colour and finish as I have a strong suspicion that there will be significant change, even if you iron over cloth paper later to remove excess. I'm sceptical and hore than happy to be proved incorrect on this or anything else though.
I've been wanting to see a before and after too but no one seems to have posted anything. I'm considering doing it myself to a tan 257. I'll definitely post here if I go through with it.
Looks like Brooks Brothers is starting to ship stuff from their mid-december (40% off sale) that was originally slated for Feb 10. I just spoke with a BB rep on the phone, and my large duffel (that I got for $154 thanks to a pricing error on top of the sale) and medium travel bag are packaged and ready to ship on Tuesday (because of the holiday). The tote (non-zippered in Otter Green) was apparently oversold, so there may be a bit of a delay on those, but of the three bags that I ordered, that's certainly the one I'd choose to have delayed.
Also, instead of buying the (expensive) luggage tag for my other duffel, I decided I'd take advantage of the flap on the duffel and sew on a luggage tag. I bought some printable cotton on Amazon, found a font that was relatively similar to the Filson label, and printed off a sheet of labels. My wife sewed it on, and while it's not perfect (a tiny bit crooked and the stitches aren't all tight), given the thickness of the canvas and the fact that I asked her to not sew it through the top of the flap, I'm pretty darn happy with the results.
One less thing to buy, one less thing to have torn off during travel, and one less thing to get caught in a baggage claim. Should last as long as the bag.
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › Things you just don't get 25 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan