It will stain the canvas, so be careful.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Marketplace
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 11/15/12 at 4:43pm in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
- Soliciting ideas and suggestions for a new bag line............. Last post on 10/22/13 at 12:51am in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 216
I'd be interested in before and after images to see how it affects colour and finish as I have a strong suspicion that there will be significant change, even if you iron over cloth paper later to remove excess. I'm sceptical and hore than happy to be proved incorrect on this or anything else though.
I've been wanting to see a before and after too but no one seems to have posted anything. I'm considering doing it myself to a tan 257. I'll definitely post here if I go through with it.
Looks like Brooks Brothers is starting to ship stuff from their mid-december (40% off sale) that was originally slated for Feb 10. I just spoke with a BB rep on the phone, and my large duffel (that I got for $154 thanks to a pricing error on top of the sale) and medium travel bag are packaged and ready to ship on Tuesday (because of the holiday). The tote (non-zippered in Otter Green) was apparently oversold, so there may be a bit of a delay on those, but of the three bags that I ordered, that's certainly the one I'd choose to have delayed.
Also, instead of buying the (expensive) luggage tag for my other duffel, I decided I'd take advantage of the flap on the duffel and sew on a luggage tag. I bought some printable cotton on Amazon, found a font that was relatively similar to the Filson label, and printed off a sheet of labels. My wife sewed it on, and while it's not perfect (a tiny bit crooked and the stitches aren't all tight), given the thickness of the canvas and the fact that I asked her to not sew it through the top of the flap, I'm pretty darn happy with the results.
One less thing to buy, one less thing to have torn off during travel, and one less thing to get caught in a baggage claim. Should last as long as the bag.
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 50 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 5 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 18 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 28 minutes ago
- › When does Brooks Brothers Have their Semi annual sale? 32 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 38 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 44 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 49 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...