It will stain the canvas, so be careful.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 8:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Marketplace
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 11/15/12 at 4:43pm in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 216
I'd be interested in before and after images to see how it affects colour and finish as I have a strong suspicion that there will be significant change, even if you iron over cloth paper later to remove excess. I'm sceptical and hore than happy to be proved incorrect on this or anything else though.
I've been wanting to see a before and after too but no one seems to have posted anything. I'm considering doing it myself to a tan 257. I'll definitely post here if I go through with it.
Looks like Brooks Brothers is starting to ship stuff from their mid-december (40% off sale) that was originally slated for Feb 10. I just spoke with a BB rep on the phone, and my large duffel (that I got for $154 thanks to a pricing error on top of the sale) and medium travel bag are packaged and ready to ship on Tuesday (because of the holiday). The tote (non-zippered in Otter Green) was apparently oversold, so there may be a bit of a delay on those, but of the three bags that I ordered, that's certainly the one I'd choose to have delayed.
Also, instead of buying the (expensive) luggage tag for my other duffel, I decided I'd take advantage of the flap on the duffel and sew on a luggage tag. I bought some printable cotton on Amazon, found a font that was relatively similar to the Filson label, and printed off a sheet of labels. My wife sewed it on, and while it's not perfect (a tiny bit crooked and the stitches aren't all tight), given the thickness of the canvas and the fact that I asked her to not sew it through the top of the flap, I'm pretty darn happy with the results.
One less thing to buy, one less thing to have torn off during travel, and one less thing to get caught in a baggage claim. Should last as long as the bag.
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › What are you drinking right now? 14 seconds ago
- › New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 26 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 28 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 31 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 31 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 34 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...