Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 213
I'm not aware of any fakes.
The only thing to watch out for is for items purchased from the Filson outlets store, which could be seconds, over-runs or end of lines. These items are marked clearly on the Filson labels - generally with a large 'X' but sometimes other marks. The two sellers that you link to seem to be volume sellers so I don't think that this concern would even apply, it is more for when buying from individuals.
I'd say go for it and hope you don't get hit by any import taxes.
Agreed - that's why this is one of my favorite bags:
It's not as rugged as the normal luggage but still can take a beating IMO.
Agreed. I almost grabbed the denim duffle with light tan straps for this same reason. Bag was ultimately a bit too big for my needs
I love that bag- where did you pick it up? I remember looking at this at some point but read that it was a lighter canvas that the standard Filson fabric. Still, damn beautiful.
I also find it odd that the historic and limited edition and extremely expensive 1912 Cruiser Shirt ($612) and 1922 Sleeve Vests ($500), which have been reissued for a short time and brought back from the Filson archives are only for sale in a fit that was invented in 2013. Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Bought it from a shop called Devil City out of St. Louis. I think it's 18 oz. instead of the traditional 22 oz. It's not as sturdy, but it's still a Filson.
I remember seeing a few of the navy Red Label duffles on one of the sale websites recently (maybe on the Clymb) but I'm not sure of any retailers that still have them in stock.
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories