Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Marketplace
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 213
I'm not aware of any fakes.
The only thing to watch out for is for items purchased from the Filson outlets store, which could be seconds, over-runs or end of lines. These items are marked clearly on the Filson labels - generally with a large 'X' but sometimes other marks. The two sellers that you link to seem to be volume sellers so I don't think that this concern would even apply, it is more for when buying from individuals.
I'd say go for it and hope you don't get hit by any import taxes.
Agreed - that's why this is one of my favorite bags:
It's not as rugged as the normal luggage but still can take a beating IMO.
Agreed. I almost grabbed the denim duffle with light tan straps for this same reason. Bag was ultimately a bit too big for my needs
I love that bag- where did you pick it up? I remember looking at this at some point but read that it was a lighter canvas that the standard Filson fabric. Still, damn beautiful.
I also find it odd that the historic and limited edition and extremely expensive 1912 Cruiser Shirt ($612) and 1922 Sleeve Vests ($500), which have been reissued for a short time and brought back from the Filson archives are only for sale in a fit that was invented in 2013. Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Bought it from a shop called Devil City out of St. Louis. I think it's 18 oz. instead of the traditional 22 oz. It's not as sturdy, but it's still a Filson.
I remember seeing a few of the navy Red Label duffles on one of the sale websites recently (maybe on the Clymb) but I'm not sure of any retailers that still have them in stock.
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 33 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 38 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 44 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 58 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...