Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Marketplace
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 11/15/12 at 4:43pm in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
- Soliciting ideas and suggestions for a new bag line............. Last post on 10/22/13 at 12:51am in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 213
I'm not aware of any fakes.
The only thing to watch out for is for items purchased from the Filson outlets store, which could be seconds, over-runs or end of lines. These items are marked clearly on the Filson labels - generally with a large 'X' but sometimes other marks. The two sellers that you link to seem to be volume sellers so I don't think that this concern would even apply, it is more for when buying from individuals.
I'd say go for it and hope you don't get hit by any import taxes.
Agreed - that's why this is one of my favorite bags:
It's not as rugged as the normal luggage but still can take a beating IMO.
Agreed. I almost grabbed the denim duffle with light tan straps for this same reason. Bag was ultimately a bit too big for my needs
I love that bag- where did you pick it up? I remember looking at this at some point but read that it was a lighter canvas that the standard Filson fabric. Still, damn beautiful.
I also find it odd that the historic and limited edition and extremely expensive 1912 Cruiser Shirt ($612) and 1922 Sleeve Vests ($500), which have been reissued for a short time and brought back from the Filson archives are only for sale in a fit that was invented in 2013. Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Bought it from a shop called Devil City out of St. Louis. I think it's 18 oz. instead of the traditional 22 oz. It's not as sturdy, but it's still a Filson.
I remember seeing a few of the navy Red Label duffles on one of the sale websites recently (maybe on the Clymb) but I'm not sure of any retailers that still have them in stock.
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 46 seconds ago
- › Show us how you roll in EG 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The one and only SHIRT MEGATHREAD - All Brands - All Sizes - Easy... 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 20 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Boglioli COAT 100% Cotton Herringbone SC size EU 56 US 46R 3roll2 23 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays