or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 205

post #3061 of 4041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive, Jr. View Post

I'm afraid this miniature cell phone needs a smarter operator because I did not want my reply in more than one frame.

Your shortest posts make the most sense.
post #3062 of 4041
Dear milw 5717,

Between just you and me, confidentially, I was always the shortest for years, and my desk is so full of work, not to mention all my other tasks, I really have no time to write any of these posts, and wanted an early retirement. But I'm under pressure and can't edit. I didn't want to post here at all. If I didn't have problems with Filson customer service, you wouldn't have had to read a single word from me. Don't forget yourself. Perhaps your custom is to remain silent after someone speaks to you? Perhaps you code your words? If you inspect my posts, you see I respond to everyone. There are very few exceptions. I didn't want Lawrence MD to feel I don't take him seriously. Perhaps you would be happy in a Trappist monastery? I definitely treasure concentration, but there are two kinds. One takes lots of time and work. My priorities are conciseness elsewhere. You might read about earliest education of an infant (in+can't = negation, fars Latin). I would not deny Quantity is a Quality,if you want to promote thinking, you learn to think where language iis alive. Don't you know children flourish when spoken to and with?

My girlfriend just told me she considers repair of my rucksack necessary now. I asked her if she agrees with the meaning of a stitch in time saves nine, and if she applies the principle behind it to my deterioring canvas rucksack, and she confirmed this.
post #3063 of 4041
I rest my case.

QED
post #3064 of 4041

Hey Naive: please STFU.  Thank you, and happy holidays!

post #3065 of 4041
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenfan View Post
 

I thought I read somewhere on this thread that certain colors for Filson bags are preferred by SF over others based on their resilience to staining from denim or other such things. What color would you say is preferred and for what reasons? I am looking at purchasing a 70257. I need a bag to carry around a few books, odds and ends, etc. when I'm out and about. I'm leaning currently towards the tan color, but all the colors actually look pretty great.

I don't believe SF has an official color for Filson bags :) It is personal preference.

 

My Filson color for gun case and fly rod case is tan. Otter green to me is too much like Boyt Harness cases of old which were all green similar to Filson Otter. No offense to Boyt but tan certainly says Filson, however tan is a bear to try and keep clean. My pullman is green because, well a pullman should be green. To me, and that is what is important. I check it as baggage so green helps a lot with hiding the dirt and stains of airport baggage systems. Some call tan getting dirty a patina but it takes quite awhile before I think of it as a patina. My sportsman bag, wheeled carry on, and padded briefcase are all brown. The briefcase I went with brown because I feel it is more professional looking and I work in a very conservative workplace. The brown color doesn't draw attention and is also why I went with it for the carry on, and it doesn't show dirt as much as tan. I use my sportsman bag as just that, a shooting bag for clays. It sees a lot of time outdoors on sporting clay courses and the UV has lightened it considerable after about 5 years. But it still looks pretty good. Much like UV effects shell and dark shell gets lighter and light colored shell gets darker the brown will lighten with time and UV exposure. The briefcase is usually in my vehicle or inside buildings so hasn't changed color much at all. Neither has the carry on.

 

Which ever one you pick you can't go wrong. It is your decision, good luck and post pics when you get it! 

post #3066 of 4041
Quote:
Originally Posted by milw50717 View Post

I rest my case.

QEyD

Dear milw 50717,

You didn't have much of a case, but you're on the border to mobbing.
By the way, I suddenly fit the puzzle together: the reason why the Filson customer service representative hasn't cooperated with my request for repair of my rucksack is simple, and I'm surprised it didn't occur to me before!
Thanks for the telepathy!

If milw means Milwaukee, breathe in a deep breath of fresh air on the beach of Lake Michigan for me, and say hello to the fish!
post #3067 of 4041
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukerules View Post

Hey Naive: please STFU.  Thank you, and happy holidays!
[/dquote]

Dear dukerules,

Sorry, but your rank (duke) isn't recognized in our time, although in this incarnation you've learned the alphabet.
Ask yourself: who rules duke?
post #3068 of 4041
Dear Lawrence MD,

Guess what just popped into my mind why I've not been able to get any commitment from the Filson customer service representative about repair of my rucksack!

It's a possibility which I haven't read on this thread during my visits here, but many things are kept secret because if people knew them the persons who keep the secrets would lose their power.

You got the music in you!
post #3069 of 4041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive, Jr. View Post

Dear Lawrence MD,

Guess what just popped into my mind why I've not been able to get any commitment from the Filson customer service representative about repair of my rucksack!

It's a possibility which I haven't read on this thread during my visits here, but many things are kept secret because if people knew them the persons who keep the secrets would lose their power.

You got the music in you!

Or it might be the fact that every time you write something you are coming off as a pretentious fuck? Has that thought ever crossed your mind?

Seriously, just send them an email with photos of the bag, briefly explaining your problem and stop the bullshit, history and philosophy lessons and other half written novels you have posted here and I promise you that they will help you...

And since you mentioned you post from your phone on this forum I'm sure you wont have a "problems with technology" to transfer the photos. Jus take a photo with your phone and send it to your email. TA FUCKING DA, and there you go. Can we please move on now? I admit you were quite amusing in the beginning but now its just too much.

Oh and if your desk is full of work, you want early retirement and you don't really have time to write all these posts, then even a rock could figure out to stop writing half mile long pretentious, completely unnecessary posts riddled with completely irrelevant facts about philosophy, history and what not...

Kthxbai
post #3070 of 4041
Quote:
Originally Posted by quuz View Post

Or it might be the fact that every time you write something you are coming off as a pretentious fuck? Has that thought ever crossed your mind?

Seriously, just send them an email with photos of the bag, briefly explaining your problem and stop the bullshit, history and philosophy lessons and other half written novels you have posted here and I promise you that they will help you...

And since you mentioned you post from your phone on this forum I'm sure you wont have a "problems with technology" to transfer the photos. Jus take a photo with your phone and send it to your email. TA FUCKING DA, and there you go. Can we please move on now? I admit you were quite amusing in the beginning but now its just too much.

Oh and if your desk is full of work, you want early retirement and you don't really have time to write all these posts, then even a rock could figure out to stop writing half mile long pretentious, completely unnecessary posts riddled with completely irrelevant facts about philosophy, history and what not...

Kthxbai

I'm surprised the Style Forum administration hasn't warned you. Your aggressive and primitive attitude would disqualify you for any position of responsibility, especially where legal minors are entrusted.
post #3071 of 4041
I figured he'd be sober by now, but no such luck. Just added him to my block list
post #3072 of 4041
Ah yes, the block list. Forgot all about that. Very useful in a situation like this (when a pretentious tit is boring the life out of you).
post #3073 of 4041
Seriously could everyone just block him and stop responding to him so he'll go away? I used to like this thread...
post #3074 of 4041
block list only works when the rest of you guys don't quote him... shog[1].gif
post #3075 of 4041
baldy[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures