Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 193post #2882 of 580211/5/13 at 6:31pmpost #2883 of 580211/5/13 at 8:42pmpost #2884 of 580211/6/13 at 6:37ampost #2885 of 580211/6/13 at 7:36amQuote:
Good luck with that. I'm not at liberty to discuss the details but good luck finding any deals.post #2886 of 580211/6/13 at 8:05ami was lucky to find a deal last minute, but i would have happily paid full MSRP. i was actually about to when a friend emailed me about the end.com first time buyer thing and that they had what i wanted. they are worth every penny at full price and its probably the best kop i made all year.post #2887 of 580211/6/13 at 9:14amQuote:Originally Posted by milw5717
well I got the 256 in tan but it has very slight discoloration in the canvas color on certain areas on the outside of the bag. you wouldnt notice unless you are looking very close like I am.
There are long sort lines of a slight discoloration in the fabric.... looks like it may have been folded or something happened but I dont think I can even capture it in a photo.
I really don't know if its worth returning over something like that... has anyone ever seen something like that on a 256 before?
I had a quick look at my 258 and 256 and if you look very closely there are some slight lighter lines. Some have probably been there since day 1 and others have probably been added in daily use. I'd live with it unless it really annoys you. After a while the bag is going to get additional character.post #2888 of 580211/6/13 at 2:16pmpost #2889 of 580211/6/13 at 3:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by rogerveredub
I had a quick look at my 258 and 256 and if you look very closely there are some slight lighter lines. Some have probably been there since day 1 and others have probably been added in daily use. I'd live with it unless it really annoys you. After a while the bag is going to get additional character.
Those lines are normal and to be expected. It's the nature of waxed twill or tin cloth. It is not a defect.
I would say so but the question is when.post #2890 of 580211/7/13 at 5:47am
Hi guys, I'm new here. I'm very interested in the 70262 but am unable to see one in real life thus i need the help from fellow forumers.
Firstly, I'm 6.3 foot. Is this bag to small for someone my size?
2nd, I'm looking to fit a 15 inch mbp or alienware 14 in it. Is it possible?
Thanks a lot for your help, i really love the filson look but am not looking at a messenger as i would like better weight distribution carrying my stuff. If it doesnt fit the above 2 criteria any other recommendation which is as kickass as filson?post #2891 of 580211/7/13 at 9:24amQuote:
The bag is probably not too small for you, but the shoulder strap may be too short. Filson has recently started selling replacement straps, including this one I use with my Field Satchel.
I wonder if you called Filson and asked nicely, if they'd be able to ship a longer strap to you with your purchase instead of the standard size one.post #2892 of 580211/7/13 at 9:41ampost #2893 of 580211/7/13 at 1:43pmpost #2894 of 580211/7/13 at 6:33pmpost #2895 of 580211/7/13 at 7:08pmQuote:
Large duffle next to the small duffle. I've used the small duffle as a carryon and it works well. It's also a good weekend bag, and if you don't care about the clothing inside being balled up, you could fit a lot of stuff into it. I think you could fit 2 basketballs into the small duffle, with room to spare. I'm going to use the large duffle this weekend on a road trip for the first time. It's a beast, and more than I need for this trip, but it's nice to have room inside and not have to dig through things to find what I need.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 17 minutes ago
- › Handsomeness Secrets 17 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 22 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 29 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 33 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 44 minutes ago
- › Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes 48 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 hour ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding