or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 185

post #2761 of 3929

New here, but looking to pickup my first Filson bag soon.  Can someone tell me which bag is on the right, next to the small duffle in the picture?  I saw it in person really quick so I snapped a picture but didn't have time to look in detail.  I looked all through Filson's site but couldn't find it, looks almost like a small carry on to me, but it has full length zippers going all the way down.

post #2762 of 3929
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCAlan View Post
 

New here, but looking to pickup my first Filson bag soon.  Can someone tell me which bag is on the right, next to the small duffle in the picture?  I saw it in person really quick so I snapped a picture but didn't have time to look in detail.  I looked all through Filson's site but couldn't find it, looks almost like a small carry on to me, but it has full length zippers going all the way down.

 

Filson 242

http://www.unionmadegoods.com/filson_Large_Carry-on_Bag_242_2113.html

post #2763 of 3929

Here is a pic of the Otter Green Rucksack that was requested.  I put it next to my Tan 258 for perspective.  I'm actually the second owner of the rucksack, and it needed some work when I got it.  Cleaned it, gave it a beeswax treatment (got this advice directly from Filson) and then saddle soaped and oiled up the leather.  The leather treatment really helped.  Night and day from when I received it.  Good for another lifetime.

 

post #2764 of 3929

 

Just got my Med Travel Bag in.. family shot time!

 

Interesting that my 256 and 246 are both tan yet look so different. The 256 is about 2 years old and has a nice patina (can't tell from this photo though!)

post #2765 of 3929
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post

Where's the SF approved place to buy Filson nowadays. I'm in the market for a new small duffle.

From Cranes Store.
post #2766 of 3929
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post

Where's the SF approved place to buy Filson nowadays. I'm in the market for a new small duffle.

Sorry, I've been on a little SF hiatus... has the iGent groupthink now extended from what we buy to where we buy it? Has our fetishization of stuff extended from posting photos of unused bags, right past leaving the tags on, all the way to carrying around our bags inside the bags of the store where we bought them so that the rest of the iGent community knows we bought them at the right place?

As I said, I've been away for a while. Someone please fill me in so I can be a good little follower.

Thanks.
post #2767 of 3929
I think he meant "determined by SF members to be the best combination of cheapest (e.g. SF Discount)/least aggravation/Affiliate status".
post #2768 of 3929
^oops, I thought by SF he was saying San Francisco.
post #2769 of 3929
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaymanX View Post




How old is the 252 leather briefcase ?
post #2770 of 3929
Quote:

The (70)242 doesn't appear on the filson website, so it may be being phased out.
post #2771 of 3929
Quote:
Originally Posted by milw50717 View Post

The (70)242 doesn't appear on the filson website, so it may be being phased out.

That's possible. They're going through some major changes these days. I think we might have one of these in stock. Dave has one and loves it. It's been on my list for a while now. I've just put off getting it since I have no real travel plans that I can't cover with what I already have.
post #2772 of 3929

What do you guys think of the new Large Twill Carry On? Looking to pick up one as I always wanted the Pullman, but it's too big.

post #2773 of 3929
Brooks Brothers family sale is on, 25% off everything including a decent selection of Filson.
post #2774 of 3929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

That's possible. They're going through some major changes these days. I think we might have one of these in stock. Dave has one and loves it. It's been on my list for a while now. I've just put off getting it since I have no real travel plans that I can't cover with what I already have.

That is for sure. It would be interesting to see the changes in their catalogues over time.
post #2775 of 3929
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

Brooks Brothers family sale is on, 25% off everything including a decent selection of Filson.
Just grabbed the Computer Briefcase for $75 off so the 25% deal is definitely working.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures