or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 181

post #2701 of 3964

Any recommendation to get a Navy Original Briefcase with discount and ships internationally?

 

Second question: What's the difference between the 'Twill & Tweed' briefcase and the original in waxed canvas?


Edited by Cancer - 8/29/13 at 9:12am
post #2702 of 3964
Quote:
Originally Posted by crizq0 View Post

Does anyone have some well worn otter green briefcases they can post pictures of. I've seen quite a few tan ones but wanted to see some more otter green ones before I make an order for one.

Took this picture while boarding a flight to YVR ... great examples of aged otter fabric.

post #2703 of 3964
Posted this in SW&D, but wanted to share here as well. Haberdash in Chicago is doing 20% off all merchandise for Labor Day with code "LABORDAY20", including a ton of great Filson bags.

http://korvue.shophaberdash.com/products/?section=302&tAction=Search&brid=1177

They also said they got another shipment from Filson this morning that isn't listed on the site yet, and I'll post that info here as soon as I hear what they got.
post #2704 of 3964
Thanks for posting. That was what i was looking for. Didnt realize the green would fade that much but it looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaker View Post

Took this picture while boarding a flight to YVR ... great examples of aged otter fabric.

post #2705 of 3964

What's your thoughts of using the Medium Duffle Bag as a daily bag to the university and stuff? Would the bag be too huge?

post #2706 of 3964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

What's your thoughts of using the Medium Duffle Bag as a daily bag to the university and stuff? Would the bag be too huge?

Size is too big but the main concern would be the complete lack of any organization inside the bag
post #2707 of 3964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

What's your thoughts of using the Medium Duffle Bag as a daily bag to the university and stuff? Would the bag be too huge?
I used the 257 and it was great.
post #2708 of 3964
Quote:
Originally Posted by milw50717 View Post


Are your selection criteria purely based upon looks with no functional requirements ?

Small duffle for the win if you don't need the pockets of the sportsman bags - of which I would only consider the 70266.

Thanks pal for the advice. Just ordered the small duffle from ebay :)

post #2709 of 3964
post #2710 of 3964

Looking for an inexpensive briefcase? Anyone know where/when I can get the 256 or 257 for the lowest price?

post #2711 of 3964
Quote:
Originally Posted by theh00d View Post
 

Looking for an inexpensive briefcase? Anyone know where/when I can get the 256 or 257 for the lowest price?

Try Crane's

post #2712 of 3964
how do small frame guys carry the 257? i really love the look of it. but the bag looks so big with me, especially when i sling it. shog[1].gif


on a side note, anyone has a fit picture of the wool 256? I'm thinking of exchanging my 257 for the wool 256.
post #2713 of 3964

Anyone have the twill and tweed in navy? 

 

http://www.filson.com/products/twill-and-tweed-original-briefcase.70066.html

 

What do you guys think about it?

post #2714 of 3964
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedx View Post

how do small frame guys carry the 257? i really love the look of it. but the bag looks so big with me, especially when i sling it. shog[1].gif


on a side note, anyone has a fit picture of the wool 256? I'm thinking of exchanging my 257 for the wool 256.

How about the medium field bag?  A bit smaller width- and height-wise.

post #2715 of 3964
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemeg View Post
 

Anyone have the twill and tweed in navy? 

 

http://www.filson.com/products/twill-and-tweed-original-briefcase.70066.html

 

What do you guys think about it?

 

I picked one up a few months back - beautiful bag. I would have preferred if it had the same leather accents running alongside the zipper though (as seen in the original 256), for both structural and aesthetic purposes. 

 

http://imgur.com/a/BIGyx

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures