i'm surprised it's gone this long since it is usually frowned upon in other threads. but sometimes it's a good alert.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Marketplace
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 11/15/12 at 4:43pm in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 177
Hello, William! Thanks for the proxy service, it worked out great! Seemed like a nice place to work!
I ordered the large wheeled duffle from FilsonGuy on here, and the rivet that secures the leather strap to the bag actually snapped off after about a week just when I was about to leave the US. Luckily Filson was able to sort me out. They actually planned on shipping it with express overnight and the guys at Epaulet were willing to accept the shipment for me since I didn't have a hotel the last day! Unfortunately they missed the courier...
They went the extra mile and was able to arrange for me to go Paragon Sports and swap it there, it took some time as the floor managers weren't aware of the arrangment but it was solved in the end! I'm really impressed with the customer service at Filson!
Really, that is outstanding CS. Maybe drop the powers that be at Filson thanking them ?
Another question, looking at the medium travel bag vs. medium duffel. I was thinking I would get more use out of the medium travel bag then I would out of the duffel. I'm setting up to travel a lot here in the near future, and was wondering which is a little more functional...
I prefer Obenauf's leather oil over LP for my straps. It's more than sufficient for the task and much easier to apply, particularly when using the included applicator. I'll give my straps a light coating every once and a while: I apply, let it sit and soak in, and then brush away any excess.
You can buy directly from Filson. $12 if I recall correctly.
Does anyone have any input? I'm debating between the tan or the navy blue...
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 3 minutes ago
- › *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 7 minutes ago
- › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013 7 minutes ago
- › Inspiration 9 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...