i'm surprised it's gone this long since it is usually frowned upon in other threads. but sometimes it's a good alert.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 177post #2641 of 58388/2/13 at 1:30pmpost #2642 of 58388/3/13 at 1:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by OlafG
Hello, William! Thanks for the proxy service, it worked out great! Seemed like a nice place to work!
I ordered the large wheeled duffle from FilsonGuy on here, and the rivet that secures the leather strap to the bag actually snapped off after about a week just when I was about to leave the US. Luckily Filson was able to sort me out. They actually planned on shipping it with express overnight and the guys at Epaulet were willing to accept the shipment for me since I didn't have a hotel the last day! Unfortunately they missed the courier...
They went the extra mile and was able to arrange for me to go Paragon Sports and swap it there, it took some time as the floor managers weren't aware of the arrangment but it was solved in the end! I'm really impressed with the customer service at Filson!
Really, that is outstanding CS. Maybe drop the powers that be at Filson thanking them ?post #2643 of 58388/3/13 at 3:17pmpost #2644 of 58388/3/13 at 6:22pmpost #2645 of 58388/4/13 at 6:38pmWhat do you all use to oil the straps of your bags?
Another question, looking at the medium travel bag vs. medium duffel. I was thinking I would get more use out of the medium travel bag then I would out of the duffel. I'm setting up to travel a lot here in the near future, and was wondering which is a little more functional...
thanks!post #2646 of 58388/4/13 at 9:04pmpost #2647 of 58388/5/13 at 8:14am
I prefer Obenauf's leather oil over LP for my straps. It's more than sufficient for the task and much easier to apply, particularly when using the included applicator. I'll give my straps a light coating every once and a while: I apply, let it sit and soak in, and then brush away any excess.post #2648 of 58388/5/13 at 8:49ampost #2649 of 58388/5/13 at 4:58pmpost #2650 of 58388/6/13 at 7:42ampost #2651 of 58388/6/13 at 3:09pmpost #2652 of 58388/6/13 at 9:01pmpost #2653 of 58388/7/13 at 2:13ampost #2654 of 58388/7/13 at 9:19amQuote:
You can buy directly from Filson. $12 if I recall correctly.post #2655 of 58388/7/13 at 4:44pmI've read from a couple of people that the new Navy 256 is thinner than the other ones (i.e. https://twitter.com/dieworkwear/status/334088002945044480)
Does anyone have any input? I'm debating between the tan or the navy blue...
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 6 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 24 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 29 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 38 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 38 minutes ago
- › Wanted: Woolrich x West America Waxed Canvas Jacket S Small Brown 50 minutes ago
- › Best Eames Lounge Chair Reproduction 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding