Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/17/16 at 4:29am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 163post #2431 of 59275/21/13 at 2:40pmpost #2432 of 59275/21/13 at 3:52pmpost #2433 of 59275/21/13 at 5:45pmpost #2434 of 59275/21/13 at 7:39pmpost #2435 of 59275/21/13 at 8:03pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by lofigeek
Was someone looking for a beige filson?
^thats beautiful. it might end up looking super sloppy when dirty but still. then again this might end up on STP for $129 in the near future and i'll make another superfluous purchase.post #2436 of 59275/22/13 at 6:15ampost #2437 of 59275/22/13 at 7:55amQuote:
It's even cheaper today and free shipping. Picked it up for $110 total. Not sure if I can rock the red either. We'll see I guess.post #2438 of 59275/22/13 at 8:06amQuote:Originally Posted by hooker4186
PSA: the Clymb has some Filson bags (and apparel) on for 50% off. If anyone wants to get something PM me for a referral link (not sure if's Kosher here to post links or not).
Right now there's some all wool duffels including, a few totes, and a rucksack all at 50% or less of retail.
The prices for the Filson bags are the same as they were before...post #2439 of 59275/22/13 at 8:46ampost #2440 of 59275/22/13 at 9:06ampost #2441 of 59275/22/13 at 9:19ampost #2442 of 59275/22/13 at 11:38ampost #2443 of 59275/22/13 at 11:42ampost #2444 of 59275/22/13 at 11:58amIt was briefly in stock this morning, probably some canceled orders.
As for the natural canvas, that's too bad if it really shows up as just dirty, although some people do say the same thing about the tan (that it looks dirty) while others think the dirtiness is it's best feature. Same thing with white bucks (lots of people keep 'em pristine, while others think they look better dirty). Guess we'll just see how it looks. Filson has good resale value anyway, if I don't like it.post #2445 of 59275/23/13 at 12:19pmGot my natural small field bag today. Definitely like the veg-tan leather, though it's dry for sure. Will get some LP on it sometime next week. It's the right size for what I need, large enough to not bee *too small* but just the right size for my iPad, a book, my glasses.
The canvas is interesting. Will see what people think about the material when their red 257s arrive (mine shipped today). If I hadn't had my hands on oil twill, I'd call the canvas the heaviest duty, thickest cloth I'd ever handled in a bag. But it's definitely not as thick as the 22 oz oil twill (I think this is 18 oz canvas duck, Cone Mills made). The color is a light beige, very nice. I don't know if the lack of oil will make it not patina nicely, but I guess we'll see as I beat the shit out of it.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
Currently, there are 936 Active Users (113 Members and 823 Guests)
- › Things you just don't get 8 minutes ago
- › Belstaff "Stoneham" Jacket Size 50 Brand New with Tags!! 16 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 27 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 28 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 36 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 36 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 46 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...