1. Stumble upon new thread.
2. Read it.
3. Realize what you have is inadequate.
4. Want to get one of the really nice things pictured.
5. Search all over the internet to see if one is on sale.
6. Can't find it.
7. Figure it's too expensive.
8. Go back to the thread and read about how X thing will last for years and years and years.
9. Figure it's not so bad, if you can one day find it on sale.
10. Put it on a growing list of things to get.
wow even the filson.com website is showing their bags in full patina: http://www.filson.com/products/brief...taProduct=1019 the 257 i presume in brown (wrong! its tan!) and aged/pantina-ed to kingdom com EDIT: WBaker did some research and the bag shown is actually a patina-ed Tan colored 257! my god that bag must of been through hell and back!
Wow, that really 360's my opinion of the brown. Very cool looking. EDIT: I actually contacted filson about that bag, and apparently at one time it was a tan. The brown hasnt been out long enough to show any samples with an aged patina. Still cool information.
Guys, I need your help REAL QUICK! Sorry for the caps. Am, right now, on Crane's Filson 258 buy it now page...what color do you guys prefer..I put my bags down in not-so-clean places and i live, unfortunately, in a not-so-clean place. I LOVE the tan, but am worried about stains, smudges, etc..don't like the green too much and the brown doesnt contrast with the straps... Also, it doesn't seem to offer me any discount??