Next to a green medium travel bag for reference.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 159post #2372 of 58394/30/13 at 11:14ampost #2373 of 58394/30/13 at 2:02pmpost #2374 of 58394/30/13 at 4:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by UnFacconable
PSA: TheClymb.com is having a substantial Filson sale right now. All Wool Duffels are $150, Levi's tote $165, Rugged twill bucket bags $100. They have some other bags as well.
If you aren't a member of theClymb, PM me for a referral and you will get $15 off first order as well (spam note: I would get a $15 credit as well). EDIT: Not sure if you get a $15 credit at this point, it used to work that way but don't know how they do it right now.
The Filson sale generally is quite large - lots of clothing as well but given that this is a bag thread thought you guys might find the bag info the most relevant. I'm hemming and hawing over whether to buy the wool duffel. I have more duffel bags than I know what to do with at this point (none of them filson, however).
theClymb is having a 20% off sale today. I'm pulling the trigger on the duffel.post #2375 of 58394/30/13 at 6:19pmpost #2376 of 58394/30/13 at 10:06pmQuote:
I picked one up, haven't seen it in person but feel the black wool would fill a gap where my otter duffle doesn't.post #2377 of 58394/30/13 at 10:16pmpost #2378 of 58395/2/13 at 6:43ampost #2379 of 58395/2/13 at 8:10ampost #2380 of 58395/4/13 at 4:58pmpost #2381 of 58395/4/13 at 10:21pm
Hi, being new to the Filson brand, I was wondering if any of you here have had experience with their bags made of wool. I love the wool rucksack Filson made when collaborating with Richard Chai, but it just doesn't seem like wool is the kind of material you would use on the outside of a bag. What do you guys think?post #2382 of 58395/5/13 at 11:58amDo you all think a woman would look out of place with a 256? I'm starting grad school in the fall and have been considering getting one to replace the zippered tote I used throughout my undergrad years. The tote is one of my best purchases, no question, but the lack of interior organization meant it was a bit tricky to use sometimes.
As this is a photo thread, here's my brown 261:post #2383 of 58395/5/13 at 12:22pmpost #2384 of 58395/5/13 at 5:02pmHey Adamsapple, I am also a woman and am currently in medical school.
I just got the Filson 257 in tan. I tried it on in the store and it looked good on me. In fact, I think the briefcases and totes are the most "unisex" of the Filson bags; I think the field bags and other luggage look more conventionally masculine. I got the 256 first and loaded it up with my stuff, only to find that there was no room for a small lunch, scarf, or anything "extra" that I might carry besides my usual textbooks and notebooks. I also have the tote and LOVE how I can put a water bottle and umbrella in the outside "end" pockets, which are present on the 257, as well.
Good luck with the briefcase search and with school!post #2385 of 58395/5/13 at 5:34pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Am I missing something about men's dress shoes? 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cheaney 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding