Next to a green medium travel bag for reference.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 159
Styles mentioned in this thread:
PSA: TheClymb.com is having a substantial Filson sale right now. All Wool Duffels are $150, Levi's tote $165, Rugged twill bucket bags $100. They have some other bags as well.
If you aren't a member of theClymb, PM me for a referral and you will get $15 off first order as well (spam note: I would get a $15 credit as well). EDIT: Not sure if you get a $15 credit at this point, it used to work that way but don't know how they do it right now.
The Filson sale generally is quite large - lots of clothing as well but given that this is a bag thread thought you guys might find the bag info the most relevant. I'm hemming and hawing over whether to buy the wool duffel. I have more duffel bags than I know what to do with at this point (none of them filson, however).
theClymb is having a 20% off sale today. I'm pulling the trigger on the duffel.
I picked one up, haven't seen it in person but feel the black wool would fill a gap where my otter duffle doesn't.
Hi, being new to the Filson brand, I was wondering if any of you here have had experience with their bags made of wool. I love the wool rucksack Filson made when collaborating with Richard Chai, but it just doesn't seem like wool is the kind of material you would use on the outside of a bag. What do you guys think?
As this is a photo thread, here's my brown 261:
I just got the Filson 257 in tan. I tried it on in the store and it looked good on me. In fact, I think the briefcases and totes are the most "unisex" of the Filson bags; I think the field bags and other luggage look more conventionally masculine. I got the 256 first and loaded it up with my stuff, only to find that there was no room for a small lunch, scarf, or anything "extra" that I might carry besides my usual textbooks and notebooks. I also have the tote and LOVE how I can put a water bottle and umbrella in the outside "end" pockets, which are present on the 257, as well.
Good luck with the briefcase search and with school!
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...