Thoughts on the brown 257 being paired with formal CBD wear? Too casual?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Marketplace
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 149
No, I don't think so. On the rare occasion when I wear a suit (in which case it is invariably CBD) I use by brown 256, just like I do on any other day. Personally I think that is the main advantage of brown over the other Filson colors - it doesn't scream "LOOK AT MY FILSON" like the tan, nor does it resemble military surplus like the green. There might be some ultra-CBD situations where a canvas bag of any color will draw a raised eyebrow, but that seems more of a theoretical concern than a practical one.
(For avoidance of doubt, I like and own tan and green bags as well - I just don't like them for a briefcase.)
What color are these two bags? Do you find the small duffel adequate for a 2-4 day trip or would a medium size be better?
I currently have a brown original briefcase. What would u guys do - stick with brown for the duffle or go for another color?
What is the best price on the medium travel bag? Hanks currently has them for $262.50 is that a decent price?
Months late but they are both brown! The one on top has been owned a couple of years and the duffle was brand new.
As for color coordinating, I thought the idea of having a matching set of Filson bags was soo coool. lol. I did have some doubts at first but I prefer the brown because it doesn't show dirt as easily and I think it is very versatile color.
I've been been using Filson bags extensively for travel over the last couple of years. I think I've flown 200,000+ miles with either a filson roll-aboard or a pullman bag (both in tan), including two trips to England last year. I really like the looks of the red label bags in blue, so I picked up a zippered tote last fall. It's definitely lighter weight than my tan 257. I just added a blue duffel to go with it. I haven't seen a lot of the red label bags on this thread, so here they are:
So, just got a green 257 from Crane's, and the leather on some of the pieces is just beyond too dry. Feels like a cross between styrofoam and cardboard when I rub my finger along it. Called them up, they'll exchange it, though they're out of stock on the green 257, so it's going to be an extra week or two. Anyone else get their bag *that* dry? I mean, no complaint to Crane's, since they had no issue with the exchange, no problems with the return shipping. Leather needs to be oiled and maintained, of course, but I don't think this leather can be nursed to proper health at this point, or at least, not worth the risk since I won't be able to return it if I try.
yeah, their leather comes like that. get some obenaufs and give it a good rub down. should be fine. if its STILL dry after that, then you've got yourself a problem.
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › An Interview with B&Tailor 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy 5 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...