or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 141

post #2101 of 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugman View Post

Okay, Gents...
I'm truly torn and would love some qualified opinions...
I am building a new camera bag using a padded DSLR insert. I'm trying to decide between the Medium Field Bag and the Small Field bag. I've found inserts that would fit either.
I typically shoot a Canon 5D, using both the standard lens and a 300mm, so I need some volume, but I don't want more bag than I need.  

Thoughts...

I'd go for the medium also. Better to have the extra room should you need it.

Are you using a Domke insert, if so what size ?
post #2102 of 3707
Anyone have a medium travel bag? Im looking for something to travel with, but not sure how much I could fit in it...

Also, in regards to the outfitter bag. Would you guys worry about dress shoes being ruined if stored in the bottom compartment?
post #2103 of 3707

sneaky2.gif

post #2104 of 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by milw50717 View Post


I'd go for the medium also. Better to have the extra room should you need it.
Are you using a Domke insert, if so what size ?

The insert that I've found is the" BBP DSLR Camera Insert". It's capacity seems to be more than adequate for my gear for most outings, while fitting nicely with the medium bag...Might you be aware of a Domke insert that would work well within the Medium Field Bag?

post #2105 of 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugman View Post

The insert that I've found is the" BBP DSLR Camera Insert". It's capacity seems to be more than adequate for my gear for most outings, while fitting nicely with the medium bag...Might you be aware of a Domke insert that would work well within the Medium Field Bag?

I was hoping you might help with that info smile.gif

I have the medium field bag and was just starting to look at what inserts to get. I really just carry the camera with kit zoom attached, so a domke wrap may suffice for my needs.

61SUGg2gWKL._SL1000_.jpg
post #2106 of 3707
Can anyone suggest a care product for the leather field satchel? Filson recommends saddle soap but I was wondering if any particular type or brand was superior. Thanks.
post #2107 of 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbc0919 View Post

Can anyone suggest a care product for the leather field satchel? Filson recommends saddle soap but I was wondering if any particular type or brand was superior. Thanks.

Well, as per this I have used a variety of products on a vintage satchel - lexol cleaner & conditioner, leatherique rejuvinator and saphir shoe polish neutral polish. The Lexol cleaner was to remove surface dirt. The rejuvinator was applied liberally as the leather was very dry. I then switched to the lexol conditioner as it is cheaper than leatherique. The saphir was then used to restore a shine to the satchel. Given this, I suspect that you can use just about any good product for leather!

Fiebings saddle soap is good stuff - http://www.fiebing.com/catalogue/soaps-oils/
post #2108 of 3707
^ thank you.
post #2109 of 3707
Small chance I think but...anyone have an extra Filson shoulder strap? I will pay or send something cool from Japan in return.
post #2110 of 3707

Just got a 70257 in Dark Brown.

 

I'm looking to use Obenauf's on the leather, but I'm wondering if you guys are using the oil or the LP? The oil seems like it might stain if it drips on the twill. Are you guys using it on all visible leather, or just the strap? Thanks in advance.

post #2111 of 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrown View Post

I highly recommend Obenauf's. Filson's leather seems to love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milw50717 View Post

Fingers. Both sides, taking care not to get any on the cloth. Wipe off excess.

the LP or the oil?
post #2112 of 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

the LP or the oil?

LP for me
post #2113 of 3707

Does anyone have the unionmade version 256, and could share some pictures?

Want a formal version 256, can't decide which to have, apolis or unionmade version.

Any opinions?

post #2114 of 3707

Does the 257 come with a lock and key(s) these days?  I looked at some older reviews, and saw that a lock used to be included in the past.  The one that I just received does not include one.  Just wanted to confirm that it's not missing somehow.

post #2115 of 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddoso View Post

Does the 257 come with a lock and key(s) these days?  I looked at some older reviews, and saw that a lock used to be included in the past.  The one that I just received does not include one.  Just wanted to confirm that it's not missing somehow.

No lock these days.

Not really anything special. Simple TSA approved ones when I bought a 258 some years ago.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures