If anybody picked up a tan 256 or 257 from the Brooks Brothers sale earlier today and end up not liking it I will take it off your hands. Please PM, thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Marketplace
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 11/15/12 at 4:43pm in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
- Soliciting ideas and suggestions for a new bag line............. Last post on 10/22/13 at 12:51am in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 133
I was torn between the small and medium duffle for overnight and weekend trips. I went with the medium travel bag and have not regretted it. I do like the aesthetics of the duffles, but the travel bags are more functional in my opinion. The outside side pockets are great for storing items you need to get to quickly (water bottle, sunglass case, compact umbrella). The longer outside pockets and interior pockets are great for storing books. I can even fit my 13" MacBook Pro with sleeve in the interior or exterior pocket.
I agree 100%
Thanks (to the several of you who answered). I figured it it was, at most, the 4" depth => ~2.5" circ., but it looks like much less than that. That's the only feature of my current bag I would miss -- the end pocket's perfect for a travel mug.
Been lurking here for a while but given that I've been on an insane Filson buying spree lately I figured this was a good place for my first post :)
Picked up a tan 257 a couple weeks ago for my daily work bag.
Then a Passage women's tote bag for mom's xmas present.
Then a 232 in brown for the weekend (don't carry my work laptop & tools around on the weekends but hate moving stuff in and out of the bag)
Then yesterday saw the post about the Brooks Brothers sale and jumped right in. Couldn't decide between the sportsman (OG) and the medium travel bag (tan) so I did the only rational thing and bought both.
Going to try to pass off the travel bag and/or sportsman as an xmas present for my wife, but she probably won't bite - I've run that play too many times already
Oh well - better to ask for forgiveness than permission!
BTW - re water bottles - I've been able to fit a smaller SIGG alumimum bottle and a 1L SmartWater bottle in the end pocket of the 257 (below the shoulder strap anchor), but it did push the interior contents of the bag, like my laptop, the other way. Probably wouldn't be able to fill both pockets at the same time.
Thanks for the end pocket reports -- I figured they were too narrow for much (at most, 4" width => ~2.5" circ., but they look narrower than that). That perfectly sized travel mug pocket is about all I'd miss from my current bag, but the 257 just looks much bulkier than I'd need 98% of the time.
I had my heart set on the 266/Sportsman. It had virtually the same dimensions as the Med Travel bag but when I compared them side by side, that extra inch of height made a big difference for me. I use the Eagle Creek packing folders and often use the largest size 18" for dress shirts & a SC. The 266 wasn't tall enough but the Med Travel was perfect. It's a great bag and I use it often.
For those guys who purchased from the Brooks Brothers sale, do these sales happen once every year around this time? Just want to be prepared for the next time something like this happens.
I got my 257 couple of weeks back. Absolutely loving it. I saw couple of threads about the strap being too long. For mine, i have to punch 4 extra holes. That leaves quite abit of excess strap. I got a cobbler to fix a belt keeper to hold the strap. Quite happy with the result.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sports Nutrition Supplements Are Effective And Useful 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Streetwear & Denim Travel Recommendations 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 9 minutes ago
- › Things i dont understand 9 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 15 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...