If anybody picked up a tan 256 or 257 from the Brooks Brothers sale earlier today and end up not liking it I will take it off your hands. Please PM, thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 5/26/15 at 8:22am in Classic Menswear
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Marketplace
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 11/15/12 at 4:43pm in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 133
I was torn between the small and medium duffle for overnight and weekend trips. I went with the medium travel bag and have not regretted it. I do like the aesthetics of the duffles, but the travel bags are more functional in my opinion. The outside side pockets are great for storing items you need to get to quickly (water bottle, sunglass case, compact umbrella). The longer outside pockets and interior pockets are great for storing books. I can even fit my 13" MacBook Pro with sleeve in the interior or exterior pocket.
I agree 100%
Thanks (to the several of you who answered). I figured it it was, at most, the 4" depth => ~2.5" circ., but it looks like much less than that. That's the only feature of my current bag I would miss -- the end pocket's perfect for a travel mug.
Been lurking here for a while but given that I've been on an insane Filson buying spree lately I figured this was a good place for my first post :)
Picked up a tan 257 a couple weeks ago for my daily work bag.
Then a Passage women's tote bag for mom's xmas present.
Then a 232 in brown for the weekend (don't carry my work laptop & tools around on the weekends but hate moving stuff in and out of the bag)
Then yesterday saw the post about the Brooks Brothers sale and jumped right in. Couldn't decide between the sportsman (OG) and the medium travel bag (tan) so I did the only rational thing and bought both.
Going to try to pass off the travel bag and/or sportsman as an xmas present for my wife, but she probably won't bite - I've run that play too many times already
Oh well - better to ask for forgiveness than permission!
BTW - re water bottles - I've been able to fit a smaller SIGG alumimum bottle and a 1L SmartWater bottle in the end pocket of the 257 (below the shoulder strap anchor), but it did push the interior contents of the bag, like my laptop, the other way. Probably wouldn't be able to fill both pockets at the same time.
Thanks for the end pocket reports -- I figured they were too narrow for much (at most, 4" width => ~2.5" circ., but they look narrower than that). That perfectly sized travel mug pocket is about all I'd miss from my current bag, but the 257 just looks much bulkier than I'd need 98% of the time.
I had my heart set on the 266/Sportsman. It had virtually the same dimensions as the Med Travel bag but when I compared them side by side, that extra inch of height made a big difference for me. I use the Eagle Creek packing folders and often use the largest size 18" for dress shirts & a SC. The 266 wasn't tall enough but the Med Travel was perfect. It's a great bag and I use it often.
For those guys who purchased from the Brooks Brothers sale, do these sales happen once every year around this time? Just want to be prepared for the next time something like this happens.
I got my 257 couple of weeks back. Absolutely loving it. I saw couple of threads about the strap being too long. For mine, i have to punch 4 extra holes. That leaves quite abit of excess strap. I got a cobbler to fix a belt keeper to hold the strap. Quite happy with the result.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › NWT RLBL Navy Anthony Trousers 19 minutes ago
- › NWT RLBL Navy Anthony Trousers 20 minutes ago
- › UrbanCompositions's Menswear Compilation 23 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 27 minutes ago
- › Best denim out there at the moment? 29 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 37 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan