Bah, out of stock in everything I wanted
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Marketplace
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 11/15/12 at 4:43pm in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
- Soliciting ideas and suggestions for a new bag line............. Last post on 10/22/13 at 12:51am in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 130
Wow, FINALLY picked up a Pullman in Otter for 215 after the $10 first order coupon. Holy cow. Thought 30% off was the biggest discount I'd ever see for such a staple filson item. It's backordered til 1st week of January, but I dont care. Im in no rush. Ive waited probably 3 years to finally take the plunge. I've spent more on jeans, so this price is crazy.
The large duffle is probably too large for a carryon unless you underpack it a lot. I've read that the medium duffle can squeak by if you don't overpack it, but I've never tried it with mine.
Quick question for you guys...I need a weekend/carryon. I already have the medium duffle in Tan. Unfortunately the Sportsman (which I prefer) isn't available in tan before Christmas travel, so should I get the sportsman in otter green or the Medium Travel bag in tan (to keep things matching)? Thanks for any input.
Edit: Never mind my question. The Filson Sportsman in Tan became available again!
I have read that even the medium at full capacity is too big to carry on. This all depends on how much you stuff the bag with though.
Look no further.
Someone early on in the thread mentioned that he took he had his shoulder strap shortened on the other end and had the "button" that secures it on the other end reattached. This sounds like a better idea to me as you can allow for more "range" in the adjustment without having too much tail hanging off on the other end and without attaching any holes. The downside is you can't have it as long as it was OEM.
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 58 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Naked & Famous Weird Guy Jean Size 36 5 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 6 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 8 minutes ago
- › Burberry London Officer's Coat size L 11 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...