Bah, out of stock in everything I wanted
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Marketplace
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 130
Wow, FINALLY picked up a Pullman in Otter for 215 after the $10 first order coupon. Holy cow. Thought 30% off was the biggest discount I'd ever see for such a staple filson item. It's backordered til 1st week of January, but I dont care. Im in no rush. Ive waited probably 3 years to finally take the plunge. I've spent more on jeans, so this price is crazy.
The large duffle is probably too large for a carryon unless you underpack it a lot. I've read that the medium duffle can squeak by if you don't overpack it, but I've never tried it with mine.
Quick question for you guys...I need a weekend/carryon. I already have the medium duffle in Tan. Unfortunately the Sportsman (which I prefer) isn't available in tan before Christmas travel, so should I get the sportsman in otter green or the Medium Travel bag in tan (to keep things matching)? Thanks for any input.
Edit: Never mind my question. The Filson Sportsman in Tan became available again!
I have read that even the medium at full capacity is too big to carry on. This all depends on how much you stuff the bag with though.
Look no further.
Someone early on in the thread mentioned that he took he had his shoulder strap shortened on the other end and had the "button" that secures it on the other end reattached. This sounds like a better idea to me as you can allow for more "range" in the adjustment without having too much tail hanging off on the other end and without attaching any holes. The downside is you can't have it as long as it was OEM.
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider 'X8 Cardigan' (Size V) BNWT, PRICE CUT 4 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 7 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth