or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 121

post #1801 of 4142

For those who sent 256s back to the factory to install handgrips, about how long did it take to do?

post #1802 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullitia View Post

Hi Liquidus, 
For the 256: 25% off the MSRP price or do you mean 25% off the sale price (what you paid)? 

Probably one in the same. I don't think it was discounted from the MSRP for the sale.
post #1803 of 4142
Hiltonstentcity.com has 15% off filson products and free shipping over 50 bucks
post #1804 of 4142

post #1805 of 4142

Finally,, first filson 256 video found on youtube. I think this guy did a good job .....

I had a difficult time to chose b/w 256 & 257 which i need to carry my 15" laptop and some notes , spend sometime here to read over 100+pages and decided to get the 257. My filson 257 is on its way . I wish I saw this video earlier ,,, bc 256 fits in the 15" perfectly and it's not as big as the 257. it looks more slim and stylish as well.    

post #1806 of 4142

400

 

foo.gif...ffffuuuu.gif   


Edited by pennymac - 11/1/12 at 9:25pm
post #1807 of 4142
You could probably return it and exchange it. But either way, both bags will take a hell of a beating.
post #1808 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

Probably one in the same. I don't think it was discounted from the MSRP for the sale.

Those 2 things are not one and the same.

The questioner is asking if the seller is offering to sell it at what he bought it for, or another 25% off. I don't think it's a great question, because he's asking if anyone wants to buy it before he returns it, so I don't see why he'd be selling it at a further 25% off to incur a loss.
post #1809 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

Those 2 things are not one and the same.
The questioner is asking if the seller is offering to sell it at what he bought it for, or another 25% off. I don't think it's a great question, because he's asking if anyone wants to buy it before he returns it, so I don't see why he'd be selling it at a further 25% off to incur a loss.

You're right, not one in the same.

I missed the part where he said "(what you paid)."
post #1810 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by relax99 View Post

Hiltonstentcity.com has 15% off filson products and free shipping over 50 bucks

I just picked up a medium travel bag in tan from Hilton's. they are a real nice bunch of guys and have tons of filson to look at. I was considering the 266/sportsman but it didn't work well so I went with the slightly larger travel bag. They also have a very good Barbour selection.
post #1811 of 4142
The medium travel bag is larger than the sportsman?
post #1812 of 4142
got my 257.
The leather is quite stiff!
post #1813 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by violethour1951 View Post

For those who sent 256s back to the factory to install handgrips, about how long did it take to do?
It'll probably take a few weeks. I had mine installed before I received it from the retailer and it added a few weeks to the delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

got my 257.
The leather is quite stiff!

It'll soften.
post #1814 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by filip001 View Post

The medium travel bag is larger than the sportsman?

They are very close but I needed a bit more height.

Sportsman #266: 18" W x 11" H x 12" D

Med Travel #246: 18" W x 13" H x 11" D


I use the Eagle Creek folder/envelope in 18" size. The 266 isn't tall enough.
post #1815 of 4142
Oh, okay, I was thinking of the pullman. facepalm.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures