Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/17/16 at 4:29am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 114post #1697 of 61299/25/12 at 7:32ampost #1698 of 61299/25/12 at 9:10ampost #1699 of 61299/25/12 at 12:06pm
Just a note, I use the handgrip on the 256 uninstalled. The leather is rigid enough so that it maintains its curved shape and stays on one of the straps when you buckle and unbuckle it, haven't had any problems with it falling off or anything. this way I can choose to use it or remove it later.post #1700 of 61299/25/12 at 12:28pmpost #1701 of 61299/25/12 at 1:18pmpost #1702 of 61299/25/12 at 1:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by mike134
Just a note, I use the handgrip on the 256 uninstalled. The leather is rigid enough so that it maintains its curved shape and stays on one of the straps when you buckle and unbuckle it, haven't had any problems with it falling off or anything. this way I can choose to use it or remove it later.
Thanks. That's good to know.post #1703 of 61299/25/12 at 4:41pm
the grip alone is $10, to have it installed it is $20. Definitely worth having it installed professionally at the factory if that is the route you want to go.
You can buy the bag at brooks brothers and then send it back to the factory if you want (mailed at your expense of course). Just call them and tell them you'd like the grip installed. Brooks Brothers may also just call the factory and get it for you through their service as well.post #1704 of 61299/25/12 at 5:24pmQuote:
Bump for reply.post #1705 of 61299/26/12 at 11:29amQuote:Originally Posted by spacemanvt
anyone have any comments on using the large travel bag vs the medium duffel?
They are almost the same dimensions over all, duffel is alittle longer, travel bag is alittle wider but has alot more interior and exterior organizational pockets. I have a feeling it would be easier to use but not so good to carry.
Plus the duffel has cleaner lines I suppose. Thoughts?
I'd like someone to weigh in on this as well. From what I have heard the large travel bag is rather cumbersome as a result of its size and design, and is certainly less carry-on friendly (while many have argued that when not to full capacity, the medium duffle may be well suited as a carry-on). The large travel bag does have greater accessibility thanks to its outer compartments.
I'm looking at a medium travel bag, medium duffle, and a sportsman bag myself.post #1706 of 61299/26/12 at 6:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mandor
Ok, thanks for the reply. I guess I'll get the regular Filson rucksack in that case. The only thing I'm worried about is if the shoulder straps will end up digging in, like someone else mentioned in this thread. I plan on using the rucksack mostly for travelling, which means holding a sweater, some food and water, travel book, etc. In the end, it could get pretty heavy. Has anyone else had this kind of problem? Do you know of anyway I could get pads for the shoulder straps to prevent this from happening?
Well I just got my rucksack, and I love it. The only problem is that as I feared, when carrying a heavy load, the shoulder straps do tend to dig in, making it somewhat uncomfortable. I also find that the piece of leather that goes accross the back tends to dig into my back as well. Has anyone noticed this as well?post #1707 of 61299/27/12 at 9:18pmpost #1708 of 61299/28/12 at 12:51amQuote:
I didn't notice it on my first 257, but then I got a porter and 257 at the same time and the 257 was more than double the weight. Never really an issue for me thoughpost #1709 of 61299/28/12 at 11:30amQuote:
this has been my concern over the bag. it weights over 4 lbs empty. that is pretty significant if I use it as a travel or all day carry bag.post #1710 of 61299/28/12 at 2:52pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 9 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 37 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Mister Freedom by Sugar Cane (TOYO) 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...