What do you plan on using the rucksack for? School?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/17/16 at 4:29am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 111post #1651 of 60139/16/12 at 3:12pmpost #1652 of 60139/16/12 at 6:06pm
I've just finished up school and am now exploring the tech/start-up industry now (a.k.a entrepreneurial endeavor) so my requirements are pretty flexible. I just need something that's versatile, durable and comfortable- and preferably not ugly. I thought the rucksack might fit the description.
The briefcase seems great but I've always had some shoulder problems with messengers and it doesn't seem as grab-and-go as the rucksack. Maybe I'll get a Filson briefcase further down the line.
Should I reconsider pulling the trigger on this?post #1653 of 60139/16/12 at 7:31pmpost #1654 of 60139/17/12 at 10:03ampost #1655 of 60139/17/12 at 5:33pmI've now carried my tan 257 everyday for 6 months and it only shows minimal use. Still smells new and looks new. My medium duffle in green however, has been on many flights and roadtrips and is showing fading. But, filson is manly and rugged and fading, age, and wear are all good things with these bags and gear. I'll be buying a garment bag this month, probably in green too.post #1656 of 60139/17/12 at 5:33pmI've now carried my tan 257 everyday for 6 months and it only shows minimal use. Still smells new and looks new. My medium duffle in green however, has been on many flights and roadtrips and is showing fading. But, filson is manly and rugged and fading, age, and wear are all good things with these bags and gear. I'll be buying a garment bag this month, probably in green too.post #1657 of 60139/17/12 at 5:41pmQuote:
nope, I Obenauf my leather. You can probably just use water and a cloth to brush our the water spots though.post #1658 of 60139/17/12 at 6:39pmpost #1659 of 60139/17/12 at 9:47pmpost #1660 of 60139/18/12 at 6:29amQuote:
I was tempted to buy it, but seriously $90 is a little bit ridiculous I think. At Chapters here in Canada, they had a travel kit made out of canvas, and it was on sale for $15 a few weeks ago, I picked up two. I'm sure it's going to last a long time.
I also realized that the "pay more, buy less" philosophy needs to have certain limits and should be used with a healthy dose of common sense.Quote:
Which 15% off is this?post #1661 of 60139/18/12 at 10:04am
Hi everyone, I recently started looking for a new rucksack, and when I saw pictures of the Filson x Vans Vault rucksack, I knew I wanted one.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anywhere that sells it. Would anyone know where I can get my hands on one, or know someone who is selling one?
I found another Filson rucksack that is similar, but just isn't quite the same:post #1662 of 60139/18/12 at 10:10amQuote:
I have one since they were giving them away for free if you bought two bags from filson simultaneously. I also had a 15% off coupon and one of the bags was half off for some reason, so it wasn't a bad deal.
I use the Dopp kit on occasion, but you can't carry them on airplanes (no liquids!) so they aren't very popular in general. I think this is why filson was giving them away for free.post #1663 of 60139/18/12 at 10:36amQuote:
It's not like the dopp kits have liquid embedded in them. I still carry a dopp kit around when I travel in addition to my plastic baggie, but not the Filson one/.post #1664 of 60139/18/12 at 12:15pmFilson seems to give the dopp for free quite often. I've seen them give it out as swag at press events too. I've also seen them go for half off through third party retailers. It's especially hard to justify the $90 tag in this light. Thanks for the input.
re: liquids: the best shampoos and soaps come in solid bar form IMHO.post #1665 of 60139/18/12 at 1:09pmQuote:
Check Filsons Facebook. If you download the LikeItReal app and take two pics of Filson products (you can take a picnof an online picture if you dont own a Filson product) and share them on your Facebook you'll get a code for 15% off.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 47 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › First nice pair of shoes 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden NST tanker #8 Shell Cordovan 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 7 minutes ago
- › Dayton Service Boot Brown Oil Tan Roughout 8 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...