or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 110

post #1636 of 3917
will the 257 hold a 15" Macbook pro?
post #1637 of 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

will the 257 hold a 15" Macbook pro?
yes maybe 3 of them
post #1638 of 3917

A 257 can definitely hold a 15" Macbook Pro. The 256 can as well.

post #1639 of 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillmaticbeat View Post

yes maybe 3 of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleb1 View Post

A 257 can definitely hold a 15" Macbook Pro. The 256 can as well.

thanks!
post #1640 of 3917

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. Wanted to post here because I just opened a Fed-Ex with my new 222 in tan. I've wanted one of these for a long time but for whatever reason didn't pull the trigger till a week ago. Just wanted to thank the forum for all the pics and opinions it provides all of us out there looking for some helpful advice, it certainly helped me out much more than I thought while I was on the web those few days. As for the bag, it goes without saying but it's timeless and I can't wait to put it to some good use. Although it exceeds carry-on limitations I'm sure I'll be able to keep my hands on it, the idea of a baggage handler playing soccer with it is pretty scary for now. 

post #1641 of 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew Ashby View Post

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. Wanted to post here because I just opened a Fed-Ex with my new 222 in tan. I've wanted one of these for a long time but for whatever reason didn't pull the trigger till a week ago. Just wanted to thank the forum for all the pics and opinions it provides all of us out there looking for some helpful advice, it certainly helped me out much more than I thought while I was on the web those few days. As for the bag, it goes without saying but it's timeless and I can't wait to put it to some good use. Although it exceeds carry-on limitations I'm sure I'll be able to keep my hands on it, the idea of a baggage handler playing soccer with it is pretty scary for now. 

I've carried the medium carryon almost fully filled on countless flights including RyanAir and the typical European budget airlines, you should be fine. As for baggage handlers, bag is built so well, used to be scared to check in, now do it every once in a while on southwest
post #1642 of 3917
My New Modified Red Label Tote



I added snaps to the outer pockets to keep them more secure and also added snaps to the end of the top of the bag to cinch it in and keep it more secure also. If needed they can be unsnapped and allow me to carry larger items. I also shortened the handles by 2 inches so the bag does not drag on the ground. being 5'8" sucks sometimes.
post #1643 of 3917

Are these accurate color representations of the the Otter Green Briefcase? It looks like a different color in every picture I see. 

 

post #1644 of 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleb1 View Post

Are these accurate color representations of the the Otter Green Briefcase? It looks like a different color in every picture I see. 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I'd say the second image looks more accurate to me, at least on my screen. To me in real life, otter green looks closer to a forest green than an Army green.
post #1645 of 3917

The color will depend on age as the bags fade over time. Each picture very well may represent the "true color" according to age and fade. I can certainly say that both bags are quite weathered. 

post #1646 of 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post

The color will depend on age as the bags fade over time. Each picture very well may represent the "true color" according to age and fade. I can certainly say that both bags are quite weathered. 

They're the same bag uhoh.gif And it is a couple years old. 

post #1647 of 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post

My New Modified Red Label Tote
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 


I added snaps to the outer pockets to keep them more secure and also added snaps to the end of the top of the bag to cinch it in and keep it more secure also. If needed they can be unsnapped and allow me to carry larger items. I also shortened the handles by 2 inches so the bag does not drag on the ground. being 5'8" sucks sometimes.

 

I just bought the same tote and waiting for the shipment,, if you are 5'8" and still drag the bag, then I think I am screwed.......

 

BTW, nice Lamy pens icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #1648 of 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleb1 View Post

Are these accurate color representations of the the Otter Green Briefcase? It looks like a different color in every picture I see. 

 

 

are you sure those are the same bags? because after 2 years, my brown 257 looks exactly like the picture on the left, and my otter duffle looks exactly like the colour on the right

post #1649 of 3917
Aside from Crane's, are there any ongoing sales in which the Filson rucksack can be had for a good price?

Also- any recommendations on whether to go with the tan or green? How comfortable is the bag itself?
post #1650 of 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkpm View Post

I just bought the same tote and waiting for the shipment,, if you are 5'8" and still drag the bag, then I think I am screwed.......

BTW, nice Lamy pens icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

I'm 5'5" and have a zippered tote. I thought the only difference was the zipper and don't issues with it dragging on the ground but I usually throw it over my shoulder. I just tried holding it in my hand and it does not touch the ground. It's probably got at least two or three inches between the bottom of the bag and the floor barefoot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures