or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 108

post #1606 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Call Cranes or Cable Car. I've posted this 500x and every 10 posts asks where to get Filson for a good deal.
Also on my current 257, the olive is fading a bit crazy on top zipper flap for some reason. Just UV exposure or something else? Also my zipper is smooth on one but the other is a struggle to zip up. Anybody having / had these issues before? Didn't have it with my tan 257 nor my medium duffle

I think I am getting fading on the inside of my 256 Olive flap. Think it might just be normal wear and tear. Maybe from the zipper. I almost never zip it up.
post #1607 of 4412

Hi guys of styleforum!

 

I've gone through this thread and noticed that many of you are almost an expert when it comes to Filson bags. I recently found out about Filson and am loving them ever since. 

Thing is I live in Europe and I want to get the filson 220 small duffle bag in brown but I can't find it anywhere not in the us. 

 

Anyone here had good experience with an US shop shipping to Europe with price and what about the tax? Can someone give me an indication? The bag itself is $225.

 

Thanks in advance!

post #1608 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

I think I am getting fading on the inside of my 256 Olive flap. Think it might just be normal wear and tear. Maybe from the zipper. I almost never zip it up.

Hmm ok, it's weird since my medium duffle has been used a lot more and hasn't really faded at all...
post #1609 of 4412

Anybody have any deals on the 257 they know about?

I went to Cranes and Cable Car but they are the same price as Filsons website, will calling get me a better deal? 


Edited by MikeSwartz - 8/29/12 at 6:48am
post #1610 of 4412
Hi! I just got my #257, so I figured I would show what I carried in it today and how it all fit.
I'm going to be using this mostly for school, and I usually carry a book or two, two ring notebooks, my iPad and a lunchbox and thermo cup.

142qM.jpg
i45vs.jpg
XXGH0.jpg
j5QNW.jpg

As you can see, everything laid out on the table (except the bottle of wine) fits nicely in the bag without it feeling overstuffed. I did however have to take out my lunchbox, insert my notebook, and then reinsert the lunchbox again. I guess I could've wrestled with it for a while and forced it in, but it made it much easier. Anyways, no problem at all carrying what I need for a regular school day.
The textbooks can also be replaced with a ring binder, so for me it's a great all-round bag that I'm sure is going to get a lot of wear!
post #1611 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSwartz View Post

Anybody have any deals on the 257 they know about?


I went to Cranes and Cable Car but they are the same price as Filsons website, will calling get me a better deal? 

Call Crane's, you'll get a discount, or I think you can pm them here for a discount code. I'm not sure about Cable Car cos the last time I purchased a Filson from them it was during their sale.
post #1612 of 4412

Awesome! Nice pics. Really seals the deal that a 256 is too small for me. Also, today happens to be my birthday so it looks like a new 257 is going to be my gift to myself.

post #1613 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSwartz View Post

Awesome! Nice pics. Really seals the deal that a 256 is too small for me. Also, today happens to be my birthday so it looks like a new 257 is going to be my gift to myself.
Congratulations!
The 257 is by no means a small bag - it's large and you can fit a lot of stuff in it. I do, however, appreciate the fact that I can fit my everyday carry in it without having to play some sort of weird Tetris game. I also know that I can comfortably fit an overnight kit in it.

As you can see from my pictures, it's not stuffed at all - I could have placed my lunchbox kind of lying on top of the compartments and that way make room for another book or two. Since my thermo cup has a handle on one side, I couldn't fit it in the side compartment; but if you have a more slender thermo cup (mine is a life saver in class) you could free up even more space.
Overall, I find the 257 versatile - it's not too big to lug around, but it's still big enough to fit my daily schedule. And if I just apply myself a little more and give it some more thought, I'm sure I can really use it to it's full potential.
Edited by henrikc - 8/29/12 at 11:01pm
post #1614 of 4412

Looks awesome henrikc!

post #1615 of 4412
Spotted online. Pullman.

post #1616 of 4412
Hit the Filson outlet in WA yesterday. Didn't buy anything but saw some pretty awesome 'vintage' bags and duffels. New 257s were $158 and this weekend will be cheaper.
post #1617 of 4412
Wait, NEW 257s for $158? Would you proxy?
post #1618 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmmr View Post

Wait, NEW 257s for $158? Would you proxy?
+1 I'm interested in otter 256
post #1619 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmmr View Post

Wait, NEW 257s for $158? Would you proxy?

Yeah, I'd be interested in a 257 as well.
post #1620 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinus View Post

Hi guys of styleforum!

 

I've gone through this thread and noticed that many of you are almost an expert when it comes to Filson bags. I recently found out about Filson and am loving them ever since. 

Thing is I live in Europe and I want to get the filson 220 small duffle bag in brown but I can't find it anywhere not in the us. 

 

Anyone here had good experience with an US shop shipping to Europe with price and what about the tax? Can someone give me an indication? The bag itself is $225.

 

Thanks in advance!

Anyone any advice for me?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures