Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 107
My rucksack has been wet many times and has no mildew smell. No odors at all. Sorry pal, but you are wrong!
At sunrise was using the 4 wt. on a limestone creek having fun with some browns and rainbows. About 10 it got up to 41 air temp so took the jacket off but kept the Seattle weight vest liner on. Perfect day and the Filson jacket and liner were also perfect. Took this picture of the back of the rig after I threw the jacket in:
About $1400 worth of Filson not counting what is in them. Fished for a bit more and kept 2 medium sized bows, built a small fire and wrapped them in aluminum foil and cooked them for lunch. Then headed over to the sportsman and conservation club to shoot a couple of rounds of Sporting Clays with my Custom Joel Etchen Gold E in prepration of a shoot down in Nebraska next weekend. On call this week (electronic leash) so have to carry my laptop everywhere I go just in case.
Some people will never understand Filson no matter what. Or know what a 44 lb. King feels like on an 8wt. and 10 lb. tippet. Their loss. Keep 'em in the X ring....
It depends where you live. In the Puget Sound area of Wa. State (ironically because that is where Filson is made) it is going to mildew if not stored properly. Even more so West of the Olympic Mountains in the rain forest. And the deep South East of the US. Of course depends how wet and how you store them. But yes if your in the "wrong" area and not climate controlled then they will mildew but so will every thing else.
I have my new pullman sitting in the garage to help reduce the bright brass to more of a patina due to humidity. Been sitting there for a couple of months with some heavy tiles in it hanging on a hook to help develop a set in the shoulder strap except when I use it. Some places around the country it would be prime for mildew, but not quite enough humidity here for mildew to be too much of a problem. Remember the super bowl commercial for Acura where they go to Baudette Mn. for Winter testing at 20 below? And conclude with if your car can't handle the winter here you don't need a new car but a new place to live? That is where I go to get cell phone reception when hunting that area:
I don't use many Filson bags there because of the damn ATV's and theft, but I also want water proof storage and use dry bags and containers instead. The coolers are to keep food warm and prevent it from freezing, not the other way around. No problem with mildew there LOL. The point about UV is a good one also. I have my Grandfathers waxed cotton hunting pants for busting through brush that are almost 100 years old and when I want to freshen them I hang them out in the sun.
I use Obenauf's LP and haven't had any problems.
One guy in here was saying he was getting a brownish transfer from his straps on to white shirts, I'm not sure what he was using, but I would avoid that one.
I think Obenauf's LP pretty much is leather oil, except it releases slowly over time due to the wax substrate.
Call Cranes or Cable Car. I've posted this 500x and every 10 posts asks where to get Filson for a good deal.
Also on my current 257, the olive is fading a bit crazy on top zipper flap for some reason. Just UV exposure or something else? Also my zipper is smooth on one but the other is a struggle to zip up. Anybody having / had these issues before? Didn't have it with my tan 257 nor my medium duffle
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › Viccel.com socks just now
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 30 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories