Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Marketplace
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 11/15/12 at 4:43pm in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
- Soliciting ideas and suggestions for a new bag line............. Last post on 10/22/13 at 12:51am in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 107
My rucksack has been wet many times and has no mildew smell. No odors at all. Sorry pal, but you are wrong!
At sunrise was using the 4 wt. on a limestone creek having fun with some browns and rainbows. About 10 it got up to 41 air temp so took the jacket off but kept the Seattle weight vest liner on. Perfect day and the Filson jacket and liner were also perfect. Took this picture of the back of the rig after I threw the jacket in:
About $1400 worth of Filson not counting what is in them. Fished for a bit more and kept 2 medium sized bows, built a small fire and wrapped them in aluminum foil and cooked them for lunch. Then headed over to the sportsman and conservation club to shoot a couple of rounds of Sporting Clays with my Custom Joel Etchen Gold E in prepration of a shoot down in Nebraska next weekend. On call this week (electronic leash) so have to carry my laptop everywhere I go just in case.
Some people will never understand Filson no matter what. Or know what a 44 lb. King feels like on an 8wt. and 10 lb. tippet. Their loss. Keep 'em in the X ring....
It depends where you live. In the Puget Sound area of Wa. State (ironically because that is where Filson is made) it is going to mildew if not stored properly. Even more so West of the Olympic Mountains in the rain forest. And the deep South East of the US. Of course depends how wet and how you store them. But yes if your in the "wrong" area and not climate controlled then they will mildew but so will every thing else.
I have my new pullman sitting in the garage to help reduce the bright brass to more of a patina due to humidity. Been sitting there for a couple of months with some heavy tiles in it hanging on a hook to help develop a set in the shoulder strap except when I use it. Some places around the country it would be prime for mildew, but not quite enough humidity here for mildew to be too much of a problem. Remember the super bowl commercial for Acura where they go to Baudette Mn. for Winter testing at 20 below? And conclude with if your car can't handle the winter here you don't need a new car but a new place to live? That is where I go to get cell phone reception when hunting that area:
I don't use many Filson bags there because of the damn ATV's and theft, but I also want water proof storage and use dry bags and containers instead. The coolers are to keep food warm and prevent it from freezing, not the other way around. No problem with mildew there LOL. The point about UV is a good one also. I have my Grandfathers waxed cotton hunting pants for busting through brush that are almost 100 years old and when I want to freshen them I hang them out in the sun.
I use Obenauf's LP and haven't had any problems.
One guy in here was saying he was getting a brownish transfer from his straps on to white shirts, I'm not sure what he was using, but I would avoid that one.
I think Obenauf's LP pretty much is leather oil, except it releases slowly over time due to the wax substrate.
Call Cranes or Cable Car. I've posted this 500x and every 10 posts asks where to get Filson for a good deal.
Also on my current 257, the olive is fading a bit crazy on top zipper flap for some reason. Just UV exposure or something else? Also my zipper is smooth on one but the other is a struggle to zip up. Anybody having / had these issues before? Didn't have it with my tan 257 nor my medium duffle
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › Eidos Napoli 20 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...