Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 96post #1426 of 58747/2/12 at 8:04pmpost #1427 of 58747/2/12 at 8:36pmpost #1428 of 58747/2/12 at 11:49pmQuote:
Someone posted something on here a little while ago about movies that feature Filson products... Since then, I pay close attention to every piece of luggage in a movie (my wife finds this extremely annoying)... Mark Wahlburg also uses a (medium, I assume) otter green duffel in Contraband.post #1429 of 58747/3/12 at 3:31ampost #1430 of 58747/3/12 at 1:08pmQuote:
I assume this is because tomorrow is a holiday. I think Crane's has been pretty good to most people on the forum, but I know I'm often poisoned against various retailers for various reasons. For instance: I hate unionmade goods for screwing me on an order a few months ago.post #1431 of 58747/3/12 at 1:44pmpost #1432 of 58747/3/12 at 2:46pm[/LIST]Quote:
Same experience here unfortunately. Order placed and subsequently emails sent more than 2 weeks ago asking for status update. Not a single reply so far.........post #1433 of 58747/3/12 at 3:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by mike134
Wow. They screwed you on an order? That's pretty strong language - did they take your money and send you a dead cat or something?
j/k, I happen to really like the folks who run Unionmade so I'm taking a little umbrage on their behalf.post #1434 of 58747/3/12 at 3:29pmpost #1435 of 58747/4/12 at 1:59amUpdate: I sent Filson the same inquiry for the 256 handle - and guess what - they're sending me a free copy over to europe. I bought luggage for $2k from them over the last months but i doubt that there's a conjunction. Anyway, excellent service.
Still no reply from Crane's but they've lost the business anyway.post #1436 of 58747/4/12 at 7:05amDealing directly with Filson has been the easiest customer service experience I've ever had. I brought in a pair of the Sebago boots yesterday because some of the thread had come unraveled in the back and the leather was starting to come apart. These boots were about 3 months old, but I didn't have the original box or even a receipt. I was just hoping I could pay them to restitch the leather.
Without any hesitation Hilda scoured the store looking for a replacement pair of boots for me; regardless of whether they were the same style or the newer more expensive style. Unfortunately, we didn't find anything; but they are sending me a brand new pair of boots this week.
No charge. No questions. No tedious paperwork. Just great customer service!!!!!post #1437 of 58747/4/12 at 1:38pmRegarding cranes I had a similar experience. Placed order a week later father several unanswered emails called and the guy said they didn't have the bag and would need to order. No explanation why he hadn't already done so. I asked for them to cxl and took my business elsewhere. I will never do business with cranes. Period!post #1438 of 58747/4/12 at 6:39pmpost #1439 of 58747/4/12 at 7:32pmpost #1440 of 58747/5/12 at 8:16amQuote:
I ordered a pair of wolverine rockfords from them on sale, I called to confirm the order went through and everything, a couple weeks went by and they cancelled the order and said they "no longer had them". It took a few weeks for them to refund my money. I'm sure that after taking my money for the web clearance price, they sold them in the store at full price and decided to shaft me. During the whole ordeal, I received no phone call or anything to tell me that they weren't going to fill the order. In the end they said they would give me "free shipping" on my next order. Gee, thanks...
That's fine, I'll never buy from unionmade again. It sucks because they have some nice looking Aldens, but I can live without those I suppose.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 14 minutes ago
- › 2 Pair of NWT Isaia Selvedge Jeans Size 34 US Retail $395 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...