or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 92

post #1366 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert View Post

they make the bag look good
filsons should look used

Meh I dont like it.
post #1367 of 4412

Hey, I created an account to thank you for posting this! I was going to order a 256 from Filson's site with their Father's Day shipping special, but I ended up getting the 257 in tan for $208 from Joe's (with free shipping). 

 

One question: Is it safe to assume that if I were to have any problems with it, Filson would be willing to service it and I could bypass Joe's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

Joe's Sporting Goods is having a sale on all of their Filson stock. 20% off, no code needed.
http://www.joessportinggoods.com/about/filson-pg284.htm
This bag looks awesome, but sounds huge:
filson12_70013.jpg
I think this is probably a design influenced by Richard Chai.
post #1368 of 4412

Hey! I created an account just to thank you for posting this. I was going to order a 256 from Filson via their Father's Day shipping special but instead went for a tan 257 from Joe's. 

 

One question though: Is it safe to assume that Filson will service my bag if it needs repairs even though I didn't order directly from them?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

Joe's Sporting Goods is having a sale on all of their Filson stock. 20% off, no code needed.
http://www.joessportinggoods.com/about/filson-pg284.htm
This bag looks awesome, but sounds huge:
filson12_70013.jpg
I think this is probably a design influenced by Richard Chai.
post #1369 of 4412

Thanks for posting this! I was going to buy a 256 from Filson's site but a 257 from Joe's came out to $208 with free shipping.

 

One question, though: Will Filson service this bag if it were damaged despite the fact that I didn't buy it directly from them?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

Joe's Sporting Goods is having a sale on all of their Filson stock. 20% off, no code needed.
http://www.joessportinggoods.com/about/filson-pg284.htm
This bag looks awesome, but sounds huge:
filson12_70013.jpg
I think this is probably a design influenced by Richard Chai.
post #1370 of 4412
Used to care about indigo stains on shoes, but then after awhile I stopped caring so much. It's not that bag. After a lot of wear it tends to wear off/blend in with the dirtiness of the shoe.

Just bought a used tan 257 (Condition 9/10) from eBay for $165! Will try that out and see how it goes, might trade for a 256 if it ends up being too big.
post #1371 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

Joe's Sporting Goods is having a sale on all of their Filson stock. 20% off, no code needed.
http://www.joessportinggoods.com/about/filson-pg284.htm
This bag looks awesome, but sounds huge:
filson12_70013.jpg
I think this is probably a design influenced by Richard Chai.


Good sale but unfortunately they don't have the 256. They seem to have everything else though including the 257.

post #1372 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essential View Post


Good sale but unfortunately they don't have the 256. They seem to have everything else though including the 257.

They don't ship outside the US either.
post #1373 of 4412
They have the 256.
post #1374 of 4412

I just bought a Filson 257 Briefcase computer bag online but wondering if it may be too big for my needs. I'm coming from a ~4 inch Kenneth Cole reaction bag that was simply too small. I'm a college student and carry an iPad, a few binders, a book or two, pencils, pens, graphing calculator, phone chargers etc. With all that in the Kenneth Cole it wouldn't even close shut. It was a good bag for the price but I'm looking for something roomier and nicer.

 

Do you guys think the 257 is too big? My load isn't incredibly large by any means, but I need to fit a few binders in there, an iPad etc. I usually have a 1.5 inch and a 1 inch binder. Textbooks are rare as they're all on my iPad. I saw a few posts with the 256 and it looks like you guys can fit a whole lot of stuff in there including a laptop. It would also be convenient if I could fit a water bottle in there as well. Thanks for any advice!

post #1375 of 4412
Look through the last four pages of this thread for fit pics.
post #1376 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenboy16 View Post

does anyone have any photos of a worn-in brown 256 bag? i'm about to pull the trigger on a 256, but i am torn between the brown and tan.

 

i like the tan because its a classic, and looks great worn-in, but i'm concerned about how the color will work in the professional office setting. the brown seems more appropriate and would work with business attire better.

 

anyone have an aged brown bag?

 

Mine is a 257 but it's basically the same. I purchased it in Nov 2010. Although it doesn't really show in the pictures, the back is a lot darker because it doesn't get as much sun and wax from my Barbour rubs onto it. I don't know why people are so upset when they get a little blemish on their bag, it all adds to the character. I don't think these bags look all that good when they are brand new anyway. A beer exploded in there and there's a liquid stain along the bottom on the back of the bag that you can kind of see. No big deal, these things happen.

 

The stitching is coming undone where the shoulder strap connects to the bag, like that other guy who posted pictures recently. Let me know how your repair experience goes because I'll need to do this at some point too.

 

All in all, I've got the 257 in brown, the tote in tan, and the medium duffel in green. It's a good little collection.

 

filson1.jpgfilson2.jpg

post #1377 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post

I just bought a Filson 257 Briefcase computer bag online but wondering if it may be too big for my needs. I'm coming from a ~4 inch Kenneth Cole reaction bag that was simply too small. I'm a college student and carry an iPad, a few binders, a book or two, pencils, pens, graphing calculator, phone chargers etc. With all that in the Kenneth Cole it wouldn't even close shut. It was a good bag for the price but I'm looking for something roomier and nicer.

Do you guys think the 257 is too big? My load isn't incredibly large by any means, but I need to fit a few binders in there, an iPad etc. I usually have a 1.5 inch and a 1 inch binder. Textbooks are rare as they're all on my iPad. I saw a few posts with the 256 and it looks like you guys can fit a whole lot of stuff in there including a laptop. It would also be convenient if I could fit a water bottle in there as well. Thanks for any advice!

Sounds like the 257 will be a perfect fit. As a student, you never know what you'll have to bring to class next quarter.

Let us know what you think. I'm sure you're not the only student checking this forum for advice on Filson bags.
post #1378 of 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post

I just bought a Filson 257 Briefcase computer bag online but wondering if it may be too big for my needs. I'm coming from a ~4 inch Kenneth Cole reaction bag that was simply too small. I'm a college student and carry an iPad, a few binders, a book or two, pencils, pens, graphing calculator, phone chargers etc. With all that in the Kenneth Cole it wouldn't even close shut. It was a good bag for the price but I'm looking for something roomier and nicer.

 

Do you guys think the 257 is too big? My load isn't incredibly large by any means, but I need to fit a few binders in there, an iPad etc. I usually have a 1.5 inch and a 1 inch binder. Textbooks are rare as they're all on my iPad. I saw a few posts with the 256 and it looks like you guys can fit a whole lot of stuff in there including a laptop. It would also be convenient if I could fit a water bottle in there as well. Thanks for any advice!

I agree, i recently got a 257 and I was afraid it was going to be too big. It turns out it is the perfect briefcase size for me- I have a heavy 15 inch dell laptop with an extended battery for work, and i carry around its charger, an ipad, a GMAT book, maybe a magazine and the requisite pens, earbuds and other small accessories. It fits perfectly. If the bag was any smaller, i would imagine it would be pretty difficult putting everything in quickly without playing tetris.

post #1379 of 4412
http://tinypic.com/r/msi3jl/6 + 13" MBP + 1-2 textbooks (maybe) + mischelly items
That's prob the most I've carried and will try fitting that into my 257 that's coming in.

I'll fit in as much as I can and give it a thorough breakdown here since 256 vs 257 is one of the most asked questions here.
Prepare for photos!
post #1380 of 4412
Buffalowang, does all that fit into your 256?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures